The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ad is posted on The Ottawa Musician sale board:

Posted June 28/18
  • I am looking for a 1970's Ibanez Strat copy that was sold at a garage sale in the baseline/greenbank area in the early 1980's. the guitar is a sunburst and it was my first guitar and I would like to get it back if possible. [email protected]

TheOM - Equipment

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Still have my first too...a weird early 80’s Ibanez that wasn’t a copy of anything.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Still have mine too but it’s had a few parts changed over the years. 1990 Squier Strat; black with rosewood board.

Edit: good on the OP for posting this on the forum.

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
So do I.... mostly cuz it's a nice axe but also because I overpaid so much in a pawn shop when I was 16 that it's only caught up in value in the last 5 or so years. I could make a bit of profit if I sold it now, but it's too good ( and my only electric, for the moment at least - patiently working on that).

Gibson Sonex 180 Custom. Thought it was an LP Custom when I bought it. No regrets despite the stupid.

I've actually bought ( on eBay before it went to snot and our dollar was high) another and flipped it since ( the dude from 13 Engines bought it).... as well as a spare ( backup) neck ( sanded it down and oiled it for feel and was worried, needlessly it turns out, about warpage).

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,427 Posts
I had a Pan Les Paul bought in 72 maybe. It was a POS. Tossed it in the dumpster about 10 years ago and tried to do a Townsehend number swing it against the ground like an axe and so on. Even though it was a bolt on neck the damn thing wouldn’t break. Tough guitar.

·
Premium Member
26,641 Posts
I regularly see "vendor's regret" ads in Vintage Guitar magazine; usually seeking some 60's or maybe 70's guitar they sold way back when, and would love to have back again.

People re-marry their first wife now and then, too. Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Still have my first guitar, 1970's Mann LP copy. I've had it since 1978. Haven't played it in years, just sits on a shelf in the basement but I'll never sell it. It's got no electronics in it but one of these days I'll bring it back to life.

·
Premium Member
26,641 Posts
I know I can't ever get my first electric back, because I'm the guy that cannibalized it for parts. But it would be nice to strum a Kent Videocaster once more before the great beyond.

·
Registered
15,755 Posts
My first was a classical & I still have it, still play it.
My first electric was a Les Paul copy I have since modded--and I play it now.
Before I modded I barely even looked at it...

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
My first was a Fender Lead 2 and I can't even remember what I did with it. I only had it for about 6 months before I bought a Fender Telecaster deluxe to replace it. I don't even remember what I did with that guitar.

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Still have my first guitar too. Gived it to a friend when I got a better guitar, he used it to learn to play.
Fast forward 15 years later, him and couple of my friends paid for a full restoration and gaved it to my as a weeding gift!!!!!!!!

·
Occasional CEO
My Superstrat
1,988 Posts
I wish I could relate to threads like this... I've been told I'm weird because I can't think of any objects I own that I have a sentimental attachment to. For gear, most of it was garbage in my first 5 years of playing. It was either tossed or sold off and I don't miss them one bit. Maybe some day I'll fall in love, but until then I'll just use whatever works for the time being.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Still have my first guitar. It’s an absolute piece of crap but I will never part with it. Too many memories that were made with that guitar to ever dispose of it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts