The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanna say,

Thanks to all the members who gave some information on my Bass players 1973 Northern Bass. Really appreciate the help!! If anyone can add anymore information I would really appreciate it. Still haven't got any actual info. as to who definetly made it. Name Northern Logo on Head with a Red Maple Leaf. No serial number just # 307 written in pencil under neck.

I originally posted the question on Expert players forum & a member there posted the question in this forum. It really helped.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My first bass was apparantly a Northern. It was a pretty decent copy of a Ric, except bolt-on. It had not markings on it at all, I'm just going by what others have told me that it probably was a Northern.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Northern Bass

Hey James,
I am new to the forum but found it while trying to find more info on Northern Basses. I have a 1975 Northern as my main axe, I also have an Ibanez and a Samick, but my Northern is my baby. I have owned it and played it for 23 years and it wasn't untill 3 years ago that I was able to get any info on them. Apparently the company only existed from 1973 to 1976 and went under. It was located north of Toronto and made mid-priced instruments. So far you are the only other person to have owned one that I have ever run into. Oh yeah, I also own a Northern Ukulele...the only other Northern I have ever come across.

Dave.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I owned a Northern 'Les Paul' skinny stringer in the early 90's.. nice guitar,,
natural finish with those maple leafs on the fret board,, heavy and sounded nice,

traded it on a bass,, Fender P bass... (don't have it anymore either),,
good luck in your search.

·
Registered
74 Posts
How about a Strat?

I had a Northern Strat in the early 80s. It was white but I went to town on it and painted it red... blame Dire Straits!

It was a nice axe. But those brain cells are long gone!

·
Registered
68 Posts
that's alot like the one I had,, but the body and neck were both maple..
I seem to remember the pickups were LP style humbuckers as well,, but,, it's been awhile now..

·
Premium Member
17,330 Posts
that's alot like the one I had,, but the body and neck were both maple..
I seem to remember the pickups were LP style humbuckers as well,, but,, it's been awhile now..
There was a Northern LP (maple with humbuckers) at a local pawn shop a couple of years ago.

Also, a 335 copy by Northern at Sherwood Music at about the same time.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts