The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting the feelers out. What are these things worth?

After doing some research it seems like $200-$300. This one looks like "blackie". It does need a setup and the volume pots and need a cleaning, but overall its fine.

Anybody play these or care much for these?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I think the Korean ones are worth more than 100$...

The new squiers are made in china, and are supposed to be pretty cheap, but the older ones are said to be comparable to a MIM strat.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It depends, some of the first korean squiers were actually made with leftover parts from japan. The korean squiers are still some of the more desireable of the later squiers. Not as much as the japanese made ones, but way more than the indonesian or chinese ones.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ripper said:
It depends, some of the first korean squiers were actually made with leftover parts from japan. The korean squiers are still some of the more desireable of the later squiers. Not as much as the japanese made ones, but way more than the indonesian or chinese ones.
Thats what I figured. They are certainly worth more than the chinese made strats, but I know not worth much.

Anybody interested in buying it....need to make room.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got a 83' Squier Telecaster made in Korea, made with Japanese parts. It's a beauty!! It to me feels as good as any Japanese Fender and the neck to me is just as nice as any American Fender I've played.

these guitars are gems (at least the Japanese Part'ed ones)

I got mine for a steal at $200 cnd. and it's in amazing shape.

:) Black with white pickguard and a maple neck and fretboard

I'll post pics when I get a digital camera

1 - 6 of 6 Posts