The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or these amps don't sell for more than 1000-1300. I followed many auctions and that's about it. -That's the Song Bird store in Ottawa

·
Registered
283 Posts
they sometimes go for about that much. sometimes more. that auction was over 3000 USD. pretty crazy. top amp tho but id rather buy an orange head over one of those personally

·
Registered
74 Posts
At these prices they should look at Mojave ampworks or a Roccaforte they are the best marshall type amps.:rockon2: At least, it is shure that hey are all original. My Mojave Peacemaker is going to be for sale soon I'm going after the new Komet Concorde.

·
Registered
129 Posts
73 was the transition year from a) point to point wiring to b) printed circuit board. So an all original ptp retail (Songbird is used but retail) at low 2's is OK in my books.

If it's b)PCB, then it is a bit of a sucker's price. But you sorta can't blame them. Retailer's need either gross profit or volume. I don't think they do huge volume On consignment they make 15%. Not much. Hard to imagine they make huge bucks there.

I have a certain fondness for the Ottawa store. I found a 2 channel Mesa Boogie there in the early 90's for very reasonable coin. That was my start in the tone world of tube amps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts