The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fender strat old but works obo

Not sure if this guy was trolling. I called the number, dude said he was going to call me back . He never did.
I'm sure he got a ton of calls when that ad posted.
I sent him an email saying the guitar is worth around 10 grand.
You would think someone would do just a little research first.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Reactions: Budda

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Several on Reverb for that much...
They can ask as much as they want,but I don’t know too many guys who are willing to pay ten grand for a Strat from the 1970’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
They can ask as much as they want,but I don’t know too many guys who are willing to pay ten grand for a Strat from the 1970’s.
Or 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's for that matter.:)

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
A 70's strat is worth about $100 to me.
I am in the same frame of mind. The only time I would buy a strat is if was a great deal that I could turn around and buy or trade it for something else that I wanted and even then it would have to be a super deal to make it worth my while. They are great guitars for those who like them. I just don't happen to be one of those. I don't hate them or even dislike them. They just hold no appeal to me.

L

·
0 Posts
'flagged for removal'

It looked too new to be from the 70's.
My guess is that it was cheap Chender copy.

·
Premium Member
12,296 Posts
I know they got a bad rep compared to the 50s-60s guitars, but the few 70s Strats I have played were quite nice. I've really enjoyed the few 70s P Basses I've played too.
I agree. My 73 with staggered pickups sounds more like a pre-CBS than anything Fender has made since. Including some of the much vaunted (and IMO over-rated) custom shop guitars, which run about 10X to 15X what I paid for my lowly 70s Strat. Although a bit heavy for a Strat (most 70s guitars were, even the Japanese copies), it plays great and is well made, too. I've dropped it more than once and only bent a Kluson a little bit.

Most people that whine about them are just regurging internet lore and probably haven't played one, yet alone dozens and dozens of them. But it's cool to jump on the ol' bandwagon and hate 70s guitars and 80s music and SS/modeling and .......

Reactions: MS41R8
1 - 19 of 19 Posts