The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9 days away. There's still time to book your trip.

No, this ain't no BluesCruise, more like a booze-cruise or bruise-your-ears-cruise. If you're a metal-head, this is a bucket-list event.

70000TONS OF METAL

Full disclosure, buddies of mine are involved in and/or playing at this event. It is not intended as an advertisement. Just spreadin' the good word...........

·
Premium Member
9,690 Posts
Im a metal guy, admittedly, the only bands I know in that list are Anthrax and Testament.....but I think id get a non stop headache from that event. too much testosterone in one contained place.
We've come a long way from the Love Boat.

·
Premium Member
9,690 Posts
I'm surprised to not see Cirith Ungol on this list....one of their members is an acquaintance from a car club I'm in. They often play at shows with other bands with this sort of font in their names lol as a nostalgia act.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm surprised at how many bands of this genre there are. I shouldn't be, because this stuff is like drilling into GoogleEarth and finding more and more little details the deeper you go.

My buddy (that's playing on this boat) was an ESP endorsee. He brought home a huge ESP catalog and the back 3/4 was ESP artists. The first few pages were international artists, known throughout the world. The last 25 or 30 pages were all Japanese artists/bands that are obviously a bit famous at home but no exposure beyond that. Everything from extreme metal to country to rockabilly to tribute bands - like a microcosm of the world in general.

The further you dig into these things, the more likely you are to say ---- "it's full of stars".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts