The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is this killer 70’s (not sure the exact year, but I want to say either a 72 or 74) Sound City L120 Mark 4. Excellent condition.

The problematic electrolytics have been replaced.

This thing is a beast. It’s not getting played nearly enough, so up for sale it goes.

$1400 plus split shipping. No trades on this one.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow! You dont' see too many sound City amps for sale in Canada. I have a catalog of theirs from 1970. Pretty sure that they morphed into Hiwatt later on. There are videos of Jimmy page using Sound City stacks early on in Zep days. Good price folks! GLWTS !

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wow! You dont' see too many sound City amps for sale in Canada. I have a catalog of theirs from 1970. Pretty sure that they morphed into Hiwatt later on. There are videos of Jimmy page using Sound City stacks early on in Zep days. Good price folks! GLWTS !
Hendrix, The Who and later Cheap Trick used some Sound City gear too. Dave Reeves did indeed leave to start Hiwatt.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, 6 X EL34's and some big beautiful Partridge transformers! Picture of my Hermansson modded PA 120. Damn man, if I didn't just purchase a Simms Watts pa 200 Super for a project... Won't let me upload the picture, but cool amp brother. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts