The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May have read it in my very first post but I have a 1965 or 1968 Fender Malibu acoustic guitar I bought from my uncle Bob last year in November for $175 dallors. He bought it brand new in a mall in edmonton where he and my auntie used to live, I think he said he paid 200 and a some for it new and I guess he doesnt really look at value of the guitar and the others he has which I appreciate lol I would like to get another one day acoustic one day since I dont really like to play such a vintage guitar like that even though it is not in such great shape finish wise and since I wanna keep it for aslong as I can cause it was his. Here are some pictures of it I took for yall to see.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for looking
Daniel
For those about to rock (We salute you)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I see that it may have had its bridge replaced with a larger blank. Malibus were famous for having the bridge peel off under string tension, the one I had came apart weeks after I bought it. Once it was repaired using a larger-footprint bridge, it held together for years. The problem wasn't so much the bridge as the bracing underneath, so the guitar was more or less doomed to a life of bridge difficulties.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah another guy said that about it too. Ill give him a call tonight and ask him if he ever did anything to it and also what exact year it is. Said it was a 69 the day I just came and looked at it then the day I bought it he said it was a 65. So yeah Ill letcha know what he says later tonight.

Cheers:food-smiley-004:
Daniel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts