The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,978 Posts
If you love that guitar so much and you've been eagerly waiting to get it back, why are you immediately talking about selling it?

· Premium Member
380 Posts
Refins are hard to sell.
A couple years ago that wasn’t the case. Refins were actually priced accordingly. Now they are absurdly priced for the most part…

players guitars use to be that, sold as players guitars. Now guys are selling vintage guitars that are refined, non original pickups and a route but start the listing off with all original BUT….

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back from where? Prison?
Lol..previous posts had it at Demers Guitars being reassemebled after being refined
original finish? If so, you have buyer here 🧎‍♂🧎‍♂🧎‍♂🧎‍♂

edit: sorry, just saw your other thread about it. Congrats!
Original was Tobacco Sunburst..somewhere along this lady's life someone changed it to Salmon Pink and didn't have it done by a pro. I bought it salmon over 15yrs ago and just had it changed by Brian Monty. Had it been original finish I wouldnt be selling it for the price I will be !!

· Registered
1,978 Posts
Looking at your post history and most of it is hyping up this guitar with the intention to drive interest in its sale.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking at your post history and most of it is hyping up this guitar with the intention to drive interest in its sale.
And what's wrong with that? I love that guitar, I've had it for a long time, now it's time to move on to something else. So is there something wrong with posting pictures of it with the intent to sell it vs just posting pictures of it to show other members ??

· Premium Member
21,024 Posts
Surprised at what? Do I know you man? You make it sound like you know me .
😂

I dont know you. I know forums pretty well at this point.

It doesnt detract from a nice jazzmaster in a sweet finish, but I am not surprised.

Community engagement is the main indicator. Stick around, contribute, share some jazzmaster expertise. It’s a fun spot most of the time lol.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
😂

I dont know you. I know forums pretty well at this point.

It doesnt detract from a nice jazzmaster in a sweet finish, but I am not surprised.

Community engagement is the main indicator. Stick around, contribute, share some jazzmaster expertise. It’s a fun spot most of the time lol.
There are A LOT more qualified people on this forum that can share their jazzmaster expertise vs me. Although I love reading about all the when/how/where posts about them that I read in other Jazzmaster specific groups, but all that info I've read over the years although super cool, doesn't make me any smarter or more knowledgeable about the guitar then anyone else.
I do agree that i should be contributing to the forum more. I read a lot of people's posts but don't necessarily comment on them.
I do post on various FB groups specific to the instruments I own though.
Thanks for the " friendly reminder"

· Registered
104 Posts
There are A LOT more qualified people on this forum that can share their jazzmaster expertise vs me. Although I love reading about all the when/how/where posts about them that I read in other Jazzmaster specific groups, but all that info I've read over the years although super cool, doesn't make me any smarter or more knowledgeable about the guitar then anyone else.
I do agree that i should be contributing to the forum more. I read a lot of people's posts but don't necessarily comment on them.
I do post on various FB groups specific to the instruments I own though.
Thanks for the " friendly reminder"
You seem mad. Why are you so mad, bruh?

Fair points were raised. You agreed with said points. This appears to be a classic case of "it is what it is."

Hype your guitar, sell your guitar. Just don't be a Richard Cranium about it. There's good people here and a great community. Perhaps you'll like it enough to stick around after your sale.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You seem mad. Why are you so mad, bruh?

Fair points were raised. You agreed with said points. This appears to be a classic case of "it is what it is."

Hype your guitar, sell your guitar. Just don't be a Richard Cranium about it. There's good people here and a great community. Perhaps you'll like it enough to stick around after your sale.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Ain't mad ' bout nothin. Sorry if it came off that way..good points made,.agreed with them..all's good. Just Don't know why people seem to get a bee under their Bonet when anyone talks up their guitar though. Man it's like there's something bad about " promoting" something your proud of owning and want to sell. Is there something morally wrong in trying to create interest in something you want to sell or is it just that I didn't post this in the " for sale" section instead? Man I mean like if I went against any forum rules by posting a picture of my guitar and saying it was going to be for sale soon then I'll be more then happy to take my post down and repost in the For Sale section. But holy Molly..a whole bunch of people seemed to get their noses bent out of joint because of my post.
If my post was not put up in the right section, someone could just have said
" Hey ..if you want to promote and sell your guitar, do it in the For Sale section" and I would have gone ..yup, cool, good point, sorry, your right that's what i shoudda done" but instead people seem to have decided to " take me to task" and set me straight by making a bunch of nasty comments. Whatever man, like people DONT feel comfortable about posting on Forums exactly because of stuff like this...you make a post and then a bunch of people make it rain on you for whatever reasons. Human Nature. It is what it is.

· Registered
2006 Custom Christopher Reesor Classical
525 Posts
Refins are hard to sell.
Which is as we all know complete crap if you intend to actually play the instrument seriously, done well it preserves the guitar and most certainly does nothing to change the sound. Original finish on electrics is for resellers to sucker collectors not to real musicians' who actually play the guitars.
LOVE THE JOB DONE. Jazz Masters are great guitars and will be around long after many of the trashed original finish collector strats and the like are rendered useless from lack of service and are good for nothing except as cabinet curiosities.
I say restore all instruments don't turn them in to useless collector cabinet queens that look like hell and play like sheit!

· Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Is there something morally wrong in trying to create interest in something you want to sell or is it just that I didn't post this in the " for sale" section instead?
There's nothing morally wrong about it but it doesn't really follow forum etiquette. What if every item for sale first starts with a pre-sale interest gathering thread in whatever section category the item belongs in? There'd be nothing but people shilling there own gear and that would get pretty f'n tiresome, don't you think?
Nice Jazzmaster though. 😆

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's nothing morally wrong about it but it doesn't really follow forum etiquette. What if every item for sale first starts with a pre-sale interest gathering thread in whatever section category the item belongs in? There'd be nothing but people shilling there own gear and that would get pretty f'n tiresome, don't you think?
Nice Jazzmaster though. 😆
Thanks again for the insight. I should have posted in the For Sale section in hindsight

· Premium Member
4,817 Posts
You say you’re not mad then go on to talk about all the nasty comments. Frankly, I don’t recall any comments I would consider nasty. Your posts regarding this seem overly defensive while trying to convince us otherwise. It’s a bit confusing. It’s all about perception. When a guy who doesn’t really participate much here, starts a new thread like this, promoting a guitar potentially for sale in the near future, well it’s pretty transparent and he should expect a few comments about it…without getting his underwear in a twist. Trying to promote something while coming across as defensive and snotty because someone pointed out the obvious breach of forum etiquette, well you’re working against yourself. If you want to sell it that’s cool. Start a for sale thread. It’s a cool guitar. Just don’t treat us like dummies who don’t realize exactly what you’re doing. Furthermore, when someone points it out, being a little more diplomatic, or making no retort at all, may serve your purposes better. It really is a cool guitar with an interesting story though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts