The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, would anyone be able to give me a ballpark value on my Fender Deluxe Amp?, I purchased it new in '63. I'm not looking to sell it but I've heard that it is worth a bit now so I'm just curious. Second question, I'm getting some static from it now and the polarity switch doesn't seem to help, so I need to know if there is a shop in the Vancouver area that works on tube amps. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if your willing to go out to Langley. There is a place called Act One Not sure if its "one" or "1" He does do repair work with all sorts of music stuff. Guitars being his specialty. His name is Steve. I think he'd be able to give you a ball park value on the amp as well, look him up and give him a shout if he isn't able to fix it he'll refer you to someone good.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
The last Vintage Guitar Price Guide I have here (which is a couple of years old) has it listed at $900 US with Brown Tolex and $700 US in Black. Of course this is just a starting point. The Deluxe Reverb for the same period is a lotmore. Over the $1700 US range.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pacem said:
Not sure if your willing to go out to Langley. There is a place called Act One Not sure if its "one" or "1" He does do repair work with all sorts of music stuff. Guitars being his specialty. His name is Steve. I think he'd be able to give you a ball park value on the amp as well, look him up and give him a shout if he isn't able to fix it he'll refer you to someone good.
It's a 1. Here's their website. Steve's a cool guy, but I believe his specialty is guitars. They have a guy who specializes in tube amps, but I forget his name.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a Brown Tolex, no reverb, just tremolo/vibrato or whatever they call it, anyway thanks for the info everyone, I will call "Act 1" for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
I have to tell you, those are among my favorite amps of all time. Great tone that winds up to a great growl and a trem that is hypnotic sounding. I used to use one all the time. Wish I has it now. Good luck and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the current value of your amp.

cheers
Pete

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments Pete, I haven't had it cranked up over level 3 for many many years, but it was sweet for sure. So far I haven't found any pricing on the web, I've tried many vintage guitar/amp sites but none of them have this particular year (Oct. '62), anyway apparently its worth $900 US or more which is pretty good. I guess I should check out some of my other old instruments that I thought had no value.
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts