The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 62' Bluesbreaker 2x12 Marshall today in a lcoal store...had a few questions for Marshall guys and gals....

1. What speakers should be in here
2. What is a reasonable price for this?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Says it is all original wiht the greenbacks in there...I scored it for a little over a grand!!

Some one on a nother board says they were not made in 62'?? Is that true? any serial number help I should know about?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
First models of the 62 came out in late 64 early 65. There was a second version which appeared in mid 65, they have a thinner style cab. The early version also have a slightly tilted baffle board (tilts up) and should have a pair of 20 watt Celestions in it. The amps also came stock set up for KT66 power tubes. The early models the original style script Marshall logo and what was referred to as a snakeskin grill (you might be able to find pics of this on the web). I also know these amps have more of the original Tweed tone stack in them with some slight changes in cap and resistor values.

If you scored an original for a grand you did really well. A good friend of mine has an original second version as well as a two year old reissue. Great sounding amps.

How about some pics?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will take this info when I go to pick it up in the next 48 hours..an then try to post pics

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fellow from guitar center called...went out of his way for me and had contacted the original owner and it IS a reissue...says I can walk out the door pretty cheap on this one But I don't need 6 player amps....I don't think I do anyway??

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He did a good job...better than the last few sales guy have done. I don't need another player's amp that's for sure so I'll pass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts