The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want one...I was looking at either the Ibanez SR506 or the Ibanez BTB406, (or the new 556). On ebay there's a dillion Avalanche. Has anybody had any experience with these?

I'm a student, and I don't really have a job, so I was hoping not to spend more than $500. If anybody else has another idea, that would be appreciated.

thx.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have played the Ibanez 6 string and have to admit for a inexpensive bass it has good tone and playability. My first gigging bass was an Ibanez and I used it for 2 years before upgrading.

Hope this helps.

Depending on where you live Long and McQuade will let you use one for a weekend and determine if you like it.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
L&M doesn't have one in stock.. they can get one for me, but it will be at least 4 monthes cuz ibanez canada is backed up. thats another determining factor. They also wanted $150 down to order one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Xanadu said:
L&M doesn't have one in stock.. they can get one for me, but it will be at least 4 monthes cuz ibanez canada is backed up. thats another determining factor. They also wanted $150 down to order one.
Tell them to transfer one from the Calgary store, or see if thier rental dept. has one that you can buy at a discount.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thx...they had a used BTB406 a few monthes back for $450. I should've bought it, but I saw it before I decided a wanted a 6-string. and right after I bought my SG...so.:(

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I was thinking about the Brice neck-through. But I'm gonna get nailed with duty taxes.:(
There was an ebay store in Canada that sold them, but I haven't seen it in a long time.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Xanadu said:
yeah I was thinking about the Brice neck-through. But I'm gonna get nailed with duty taxes.:(
There was an ebay store in Canada that sold them, but I haven't seen it in a long time.
Put a phoney order together on the Rondo site. Other than converting to Canadian funds, you should get an accurate quote for shipping and duty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
duty and taxes

If you get Kurt to claim your bass as a gift, You will save a lot of money on duty and such. I have done this for almost all of my online purchases,and the money I have saved has been phenominal.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
JJohnson said:
If you get Kurt to claim your bass as a gift, You will save a lot of money on duty and such. I have done this for almost all of my online purchases,and the money I have saved has been phenominal.
If you're claiming it as a gift with no price attached to the order, then you have no shipping insurance. If it is insured for say $200, then you would have to pay duty on that amount regardless of whether or not the item was a gift.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
james on bass said:
:confused-smiley-010
Yeah...I wasn't going to say anything, but I didn't get that one either.:confused-smiley-010

1 - 15 of 15 Posts