The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy do i ever feel stupid ! About 13 years ago I got hardup for some dough,so i decided to sell a few of my (babys) The first one that left the nest was my 1959 ES-175 that i got for $600 in 1990 from the original owner,I let her go for $900 plus a 1970 strat the guy threw in for sympathy reasons i guess,and also a 1963 pre cbs Tele with a rosewood fretboard! I sold that one for $1200.Now that i have a desktop and look from time to time on the net at prices,I just get a real sick feeling and how cheap i let them go for! Oh yeah,,one more thing,,no smart remarks please.-Lenny P.S. I just had to vent and tell other players to hold on to your old toys !

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yeah, prices have gone through the roof lately, especially old Gibsons. I almost let my 1970 Les Paul Deluxe go five years ago for $2,000. Luckily the guy could'nt come up with the cash. They have tripled in value since then and a '68 or '69 is worth even more. Some of those guys who have had '59 LP's for years suddenly found that they were worth more than their house and all other possessions put together!

Hang on to that Strat, you never know. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
es-175

Yeah I hear ya ! the Tele was real sweet,Super nice shape! I have some old pics lying around here somewhere,maybe i will post them when i find them.If I still had the gibson i could sell it for a fortune but I probably wouldn't sell it if i had it now.- Lennybone

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you stumble across any of those pics, I speak for everyone when I say not to hesitate to throw them up here :food-smiley-004:

everybody loves nice guitar pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts