The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recording my 2 telecasters for another forum to get some advice on fret fall off on the high e string of the 52. Since I was recording I thought I'd do a separate little demo on the 52 vs the nocaster
The 52 is a Wildwood guitars exclusive thin skin the Nocaster is a Dennis Galuszka master built.
The amp is an Allen Accomplice (unfortunately not mine) setup with 6L6's. I have the master down and the RAW knob dimed for some slight natural tube drive. The only effect is a little bit of reverb from the amp and a bit of slap back from a Waza Boss DM2. Which tone do you like better?

52 RI

Nocaster

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. I agree with both of you. Ever since I acquired the 52 I knew I preferred its tone. Though the masterbuilt is no slouch but where it excels is the feel. The neck on the masterbuilt is the most comfortable neck I've ever played. Its a joy to play.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
they both sound good to me: the 52 is a bit brighter?

what pups are in them?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
The '52 might sound a little brighter to me. Though I did see the other's comments first before having a listen which might have given me a bias.
With drums, bass, singing and bar noise, no one would know the difference though. They both sound and look like great guitars.

Most importantly: Nice licks!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they both sound good to me: the 52 is a bit brighter?

what pups are in them?
The 52 has Custom shop twisted tele, which is one of the Wildwood specs for their special runs and the masterbuilt has handwound Nocaster\broadcaster. I know that some of the brightness on the E\A of the 52 is attributed to the aluminum saddle, where as the Nocaster has brass.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I liked the Tone of the nocaster better from the first 2 notes. I don't like as much chime and brightness as others. Personal taste thing. But they both sound great. Nice chops.

I skipped any comments just to make sure my opinion was without bias....

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I liked the Tone of the nocaster better from the first 2 notes. I don't like as much chime and brightness as others. Personal taste thing. But they both sound great. Nice chops.

I skipped any comments just to make sure my opinion was without bias....
I have to say I felt the same way. As much as I love tele's, I don't like the spikey treble on the bridge pup but the Broadcaster smooths it out. I suppose that's what that one of the two knobby thingy's is for...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts