The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

#5 in progress

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Gtrminator 
#1 ·
#13 ·
Specs

Really nothing special. I go the inexpensive route when I build prototypes. 25 1/2 scale , Basswood body, Maple neck , Tun-o-matic bridge & tailstop, Polished aluminum pieces front and back , Pickups are used from a Gibson Flying Vee, 3 way switch with 2 volume 1 tone. My sons band is playing in Barrie tomorrow. I hope he plays it . Thanks.

#18 · (Edited)
Very cool guitar! I'm not sure if the design was meant to sort of pay tribute to Les Paul's "The Log" in an Uber Metal version, but that's what my 1st impression was that was the direction you went in when you did the design.

The thing looks fantastic. Your son must be proud as hell to have it, and if he plays in a metal band; that thing is evil incarnate! What's the band name and their next gig? I'd love to hear that beast in action!

#20 ·
Thanks for the comments,To be really honest with you , I've never heard of a Les Paul ,the Log. As for my sons band name ,I can't say because of legal matters with another band in california with the same sounding name but different spelling.I think they have no case but we are trademarking just in case.The band is playing The Foundation May 27th. They are headlining that night.I try to design something that no one else has done, or something over the top. With that said my next one is a Doubleneck Explorer.Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.