The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Oops, I looked around and couldn't find any related post, obviously this cold is affecting my vision. Thanks Kenmac
No problem, I know what it's like when you have a cold and you feel like you're a little off. BTW I downloaded the preset for Amplitube 4 that you had as a link under your video and was trying it out this evening. It's a nice clean sound but the only thing I found, because I was using a dual humbucker guitar was the sound was going into distortion when you "dug in" a bit, and I don't mean good distortion, more like a kind of annoying, buzzy high end distortion. I found I had to turn the input level down. Once it was down though, it sounded a lot like my old Roland JC-77 amp. Nice work on the patch.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem, I know what it's like when you have a cold and you feel like you're a little off. BTW I downloaded the preset for Amplitube 4 that you had as a link under your video and was trying it out this evening. It's a nice clean sound but the only thing I found, because I was using a dual humbucker guitar was the sound was going into distortion when you "dug in" a bit, and I don't mean good distortion, more like a kind of annoying, buzzy high end distortion. I found I had to turn the input level down. Once it was down though, it sounded a lot like my old Roland JC-77 amp. Nice work on the patch.
Great to hear the patch worked over there. Try a Strat and lower the input gain (not the volume of the amp) of Amplitube or on your interface. That happens because I use a relatively low input gain on my KA6 (about - 20db) and add character with a preamp sim plugin, I will make a video on that matter because it's given me great results so far.
The distortion on the JC120 is awful, even when it's totally clean and you add an overdrive it still sounds preety bad (maybe Trent Reznor have use for it tho) but the clean settings are remarkable, specially when running dual microphones and the built in chorus:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Great to hear the patch worked over there. Try a Strat and lower the input gain (not the volume of the amp) of Amplitube or on your interface. That happens because I use a relatively low input gain on my KA6 (about - 20db) and add character with a preamp sim plugin, I will make a video on that matter because it's given me great results so far.
The distortion on the JC120 is awful, even when it's totally clean and you add an overdrive it still sounds preety bad (maybe Trent Reznor have use for it tho) but the clean settings are remarkable, specially when running dual microphones and the built in chorus:
After I tried your patch I was curious about the distortion and turned the dial to see if it was as bad as the original JC series and it was. I guess the IK Multimedia programmers wanted to model this amp exactly right down to the lousy distortion. It's too bad because they could have put in something better sounding but I guess they wanted authenticity. I agree with you about the cleans, the JCs have always been exceptional for clean sounds and the chorus is very spacious sounding.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to give that to the people of IK Multimedia (also to the ReValver team), they do a great job, I agree that BIAS and AxeFx are terrific tools for metal players and shredders but when it comes to recreate the real deal these plugins sound way more realistic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts