The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
i agree it is a great stress reliever. for some reason though, i rarely use it that way. i find i usually use it to be creative and stimulate my brain.
but there is something else i get from it. i'm not sure the right way to say it. it helps me somehow, inside. the part of me that is what i consider to be the core me. it strokes something for that guy.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I find playing guitar causes more (marital)stress - as in "Why are you playing guitar when you should be doing dishes?"

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
These have always been good selling points for my lesson business, but they are more than that, they're lifestyle choices based on self-discipline and education. Sometimes it's good to be reminded of why we need to do what we do.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,116 Posts
Haven't had the chance to read it yet, but 1 of the 5 reasons better be because chicks dig it ;)

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I find point number 2 can be a bit of a double edge sword. In the past I've just about wanted to rip the strings off while trying to get something challenging. Then go in to a music store to see some 12 year old playing it flawlessly. Not good for the self esteem which can then affect the stress level.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I find point number 2 can be a bit of a double edge sword. In the past I've just about wanted to rip the strings off while trying to get something challenging. Then go in to a music store to see some 12 year old playing it flawlessly. Not good for the self esteem which can then affect the stress level.
Case in point:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I find playing guitar causes more (marital)stress - as in "Why are you playing guitar when you should be doing dishes?"
The above reinforces my thoughts of keeping the Stella permanently in the bathroom. I figure it'll be a natural echo chamber.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts