The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have one of these until my mom sold it for 20 bucks :confused-smiley-010 at a garage sale. I guess I should have visited a little more often.

It was my first amp and weighed a freakin ton!!!!!! Does anyone know what kind of speakers they had in those? It was around 1978 and I got it used from Long and McQuades. It was one of those front loaded cabs with the recessed handles.

thanks
Lawrence

·
Administrator
16,809 Posts
I took my Traynor in to Rob Fowler (Classic Amps) in Cambridge yesterday and we were talking speakers for a bit. He said the original Traynor cabs used 3 different types, Celestions, Eminence, or Mcbride. I have Mcbrides in my 4 x 10. Mcbride is still in business in Kitchener but they focus primarily on high end Stereo speakers.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Hey Lawrence

The early 70's (not recessed handles) 4x12 Traynor cabs had Norelco speakers in them. At least some of them did. I don't know if the recessed handle ones had them too.
they were low wattage speakers (I know, I had to get one reconed) that had a sound unto themselves. I remember quite liking it. but that was 30 years ago. I sort of have an eye out for those cabs and they rarely have the original speakers still in them. There was a badge on the back that said "The Traynor Norelco Rogue Cabinet".
sort of the same as the 8x10 "Big B" cabs. Let me know if you find one.
I sure would love to have a circa 70'-71' Bassmaster Mk II and a matching Rogue cab !!!!!:DevilGuitar: Loud and Proud!!!

cheers
Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts