The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I watched the auction. I had it on the computer while I was working. Things were happening fast and every few seconds I was hearing a "ping" when someone was bidding on an item with less than 2min left.

That said, bidding went crazy at the end. I'm sure there are some people having buyers remorse today.

From what I remember...

There were a few MIA strats and teles that sold for around $1200. Some MIM sold in the 600 range.

There were some gibson les paul tributes that sold for about $700-750

Some gibson SGJs that went for 650...

There were some practice amps, stands and straps.

I don't think anyone got a steal and if anything some may have overpaid.

All the winners have to pay a 15% auction fee plus HST on top of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I watched the auction. I had it on the computer while I was working. Things were happening fast and every few seconds I was hearing a "ping" when someone was bidding on an item with less than 2min left.

That said, bidding went crazy at the end. I'm sure there are some people having buyers remorse today.

From what I remember...

There were a few MIA strats and teles that sold for around $1200. Some MIM sold in the 600 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crazy

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My employer won’t allow cell phones or music playing
Really crazy!

The reality is, generations are different and your place of employment may find it difficult to retain younger employees who are living a different reality.

10 years ago, seeing people in my office with headphones on was very rare. Now, everyday, commonplace. I can now even wear denim everyday!

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
Denim? WTF!

Really crazy!

The reality is, generations are different and your place of employment may find it difficult to retain younger employees who are living a different reality.

10 years ago, seeing people in my office with headphones on was very rare. Now, everyday, commonplace. I can now even wear denim everyday!

L

·
0 Posts

And we'll see a good portion of these with those markups on kijiji over the next week.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I knew about this and took a look a few days ago, but there wasn't a damned thing I was the least bit interested in...

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts

From what I remember...

Exactly. Most things get overbid anyway - lotta idiot wannabe flippers and folks who get carried away with the exciitement of the auction (seen it at IRL auctions too - like people bidding on used items well above their worth new - stuff you could walk into any L&M and buy or at least order). I was looking at a few things, but nothing really stood out (to me personally; a couple interesting things generally, like that 50s tribute gold top). That D'angelico went too high too fast considering how much you can score them for online pretty easy (considered one a while back) and that they are the cheap import/plywood range (overprice at reg retail IMHO) not their nicer stuff (methinks someone got fooled by the name and didn't do their homework).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts