The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course these get posted including a YBA-2B with 6v6's and a YBA-1 when I have just bought a YBA-2B with EL84's and am waiting for it lol.. BUT i save with not paying tax and still got it cheaper so i am ok with it. These things are starting from 450 and edging their way up to the 600$ mark. So what will become the new Traynor and take its place in the lower eschellon price range?

I was really thinking of grabbing the YBA-1A but really i don't need another 50 watter to play the role that my plexi clone does anyway..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm always afriad to read Songbird's site man lol when they update their site, they add A LOT of stuff. I really don't want to buy new gear but damn! They usually have some great deals.

They've got 2 Peavey Classic 30's for $400 right now too... I bet they're gone in a couple of days.

4x12 Randall cab... Jackson with a maple neck... DO... NOT... BUY... NEED... FOOD... INSTEAD. Haha, I'll probably go check out the Jackson.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know.. do we honestly need all this gear? And now i am getting crazy and want an audio interface for my comp so i can record individual mic's for my drum kit.. hello Presonus firepod 500$ + and 500$ worth of microphones! :-/

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Man, I want as many Traynors as I can put my hands on. But, I'll probably have to wait until Christmas for my wife to approve my next Traynor (I'm counting the days). For me, my attraction to old Traynors has a lot to do with nostalgia, those were the amps that the bands I saw as a kid used.

Right now I've only got a YGL-3 combo.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
I have played a bunch of them at Songbird over the years and it seems like a lot of them lately have been tinkered with ( and not in a good way....)

A lot of guys seem to be trying mods on them, and when they're unhappy with the results, they dump them at Songbird or Retrotown. Buyer beware. Always play these amps before you buy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts