The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as a way to combine the GC community's love of jamming, desire to hang out, and the need for a closer meeting point, I've decided to sponsor an epic jam of jams with my new pickups and guitar picks' company www.tonedripper.com (more on this in the dealer section coming soon ). Taking place in the members lounge at the legion same day as the guitar show, Oct 23 from 4-8 pm.

We're looking for pre-determined combinations of players (groups of three to five total) to come or and jam. There will be as back line - a 1950's Ludwig kit - Markbass 350 2x10" amp, PA, lighting, indoor fireworks and sword and chainsaw tossing across the stage.

We thought of a game of "pin the tail on the donkey". We change that to (given the presence of chainsaws) "cut the neck off that copy" - basically it's a chainsaw toss to chop the neck off a counterfeit or copy guitar.

We'll have frank zappa's extra octave Bosendorfer grand piano, and Led Zeppelin's jet from the 1970's. Free joy rides for all.

There will be product demos from invited reps from the upstairs guitar show, drop in jammers, and set times for invited guests and bands.

The whole event will be multi track recorded. We will have a preference for experimental music, and original music. Cover songs are tolerated with the exception of mustang SALLY. %h(*&

Players will not have the option of bringing their own amps or effects. These will be provided for by Moratto amp shop.

Drums provided by Www.walopus.com

All jammers will be asked to play a min of one song with one of the Tone Dripper guitars.

We won't be in a rush. We'll not be worried about what will people say if we .... Blabla.... Yada yada....

If you are coming from far, I would be glad to try and accommodate any player or groups for your 15-25 min set. Pro bassist and drummer will be there. We encourage all who come to invite your bassist and drummer along.

The multitrack recording will be made available free of charge.

More to come. Pm me if you're coming. Tell me what v-picks you want to buy/try. Discounts at the show from tone Dripper for tele and Strat sets.

Enough for now. Hope to see you all there.

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Aw man this sounds like a blast and i gotta miss it!

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
L

·
0 Posts
@greco
I'm considering it.

@sambonee
I see that you edited the jam down from 7 hrs.
Just curious, what are these Tone Dripper guitars?
Any details/pics?

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're releasing the tone Dripper pickups at the show. New kid on the scene. They're up to par with the big boys IMO

The site will be selling pickups and picks for the time being.

The jam has been repositioned throughout the day to accommodate the guitar show's explicit request. Looks like there's going to be a full house upstairs.

The jam we're running will be a blast. I home to see some riff wrath usual suspects out.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
@greco I will be trying hard to make it.

I'm hoping to pull aside a couple of Moratto amps and give them a whirl. He's just built something that I'm interested in...

Hey Sean - is Steve going?

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Moratto will have a table. And will be fixing deals out for people ordering custom builds.

We'll have two Moratto amps on stage s he's found the backbone for the show/jam.

We want a few bands to come and get a good live recording done. Toronto bands should be considering this.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
ah, too bad I will not be in town....otherwise would go!

have fun

1 - 20 of 35 Posts