The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all!

Many of you may know that I've been posting daily guitar clips with the branding of 365 Days of Guitar for the last couple of years via Instagram/Facebook and sharing many of them here on the forum in the "What Guitar Are You Playing Today" thread. For 2020 I've decided to supplement these shorter form (1:00 or less) videos with some longer videos on my YouTube channel, but keep the theme of playing and posting every day. I appreciate all the great feedback I've received and I thank the members of this forum for their kindness and candor in responding to the videos. Please feel free to check out the channel, and also if you have any suggestions/comments, definitely let me know what you'd like to see in future videos! I'll be posting the clips regularly here on GC via YouTube links and thought it would be nice to have one thread where people can look for the posts each day.

PS: @davetcan -- if this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it :)

Happy new year, and all the best for 2020!

Will.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey y'all!

Many of you may know that I've been posting daily guitar clips with the branding of 365 Days of Guitar for the last couple of years via Instagram/Facebook and sharing many of them here on the forum in the "What Guitar Are You Playing Today" thread. For 2020 I've decided to supplement these shorter form (1:00 or less) videos with some longer videos on my YouTube channel, but keep the theme of playing and posting every day. I appreciate all the great feedback I've received and I thank the members of this forum for their kindness and candor in responding to the videos. Please feel free to check out the channel, and also if you have any suggestions/comments, definitely let me know what you'd like to see in future videos! I'll be posting the clips regularly here on GC via YouTube links and thought it would be nice to have one thread where people can look for the posts each day.

Will.
Are you doing this again . I caught some on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you doing this again . I caught some on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure, I’ve been doing it on FB for the last two years and I am expanding it to YouTube for round 3! I didn’t realize it was a leap year so I guess there will have to be a bonus clip on Feb 29.

W.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Hey y'all!

Will.
I have not followed you on YouTube and I don't bother with Facebook, Instagram, etc. I was wondering if you do acoustic videos. I do play my tele a bit but mostly acoustic these days.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where can I find your daily vids from the past?
They are all accessible on my Instagram (@willhansologtr) or via my Facebook musician page (Will Van Hansolo) -- I recognize that not all people are active on FB/IG, hence expanding out to YouTube for the new year! Feel free to have a gander :)

Looking forward to the new series.
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

I have not followed you on YouTube and I don't bother with Facebook, Instagram, etc. I was wondering if you do acoustic videos. I do play my tele a bit but mostly acoustic these days.
I'm very new to regular YouTube posting and don't have a huge subscriber base, but my goal for 2020 is to incorporate it into my daily social media postings as I have for the last two years with FB/IG. I definitely do play acoustic guitar in some of the videos, particularly my 1963 Sovereign H1260 -- you'd like the wider neck that it has :D

W.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
They are all accessible on my Instagram (@willhansologtr) or via my Facebook musician page (Will Van Hansolo) -- I recognize that not all people are active on FB/IG, hence expanding out to YouTube for the new year! Feel free to have a gander :)

I'm very new to regular YouTube posting and don't have a huge subscriber base, but my goal for 2020 is to incorporate it into my daily social media postings as I have for the last two years with FB/IG. I definitely do play acoustic guitar in some of the videos, particularly my 1963 Sovereign H1260 -- you'd like the wider neck that it has :D

W.
I would like the wider neck! You have obviously seen some of my "wide" posts.:)

Reactions: King Loudness

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts

W.
I hope you will upload your previous 730 vids to YouTube.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope you will upload your previous 730 vids to YouTube.
Interesting idea -- I might consider it in some form, though admittedly I had some storage issues last year and probably don't have every single one of them available. Even to pull selected clips that I thought were cool out for "throwback" style clips would be an interesting thought to add to the channel content. Thanks for the suggestion!

W.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Interesting idea -- I might consider it in some form, though admittedly I had some storage issues last year and probably don't have every single one of them available. Even to pull selected clips that I thought were cool out for "throwback" style clips would be an interesting thought to add to the channel content. Thanks for the suggestion!

W.
YT is about views and monetizing them. The more you have the more money you can potentially earn. Seven hundred vids is a real head start. Lots of people earn hundred thousand + from their YT views.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You need over 1000 subs to start monetizing YT vids, used to be 100.

You do have the talent to attract an audience.
Thanks man! Yeah, I think it's 1000 subs and 4000 minutes of watch time per month to achieve monetization. I have a way's to go before I get there, but I'm working on it one day at a time :)

W.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts