The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Telecaster & 339
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be searching for the impossible, but I'll give it a shot; suggestion appreciated.
  • A semi-hollow
  • 7.5 lbs (3.5kg) max
  • ~14" bout
  • < $900 CAD
I have a JT-133, but at 8 1/2 lbs. just too heavy for me.

The Eastman T184MX might be a gorgeous contender, but a bit costly and I can't see the weight listed anywhere.

Am not willing to route out the back of the JT!

·
Registered
Telecaster & 339
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sulphur. I'm feeling a bit sheepish - for some reason expected the 339 to be 8lbs+, turns out it's only 7.2 & fits the bill perfectly.

P

·
0 Posts
I had a Gibson 339 and although it was a nice guitar I found the very small cutaway a deal breaker. The Ibanez mentioned above takes care of that issue:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I picked up a used Dean Boca about 6 months ago. Made in Korea. The pickups weren’t bad, but I had a set of PRS Mira USA pickups, so I threw them in added a coil tap. Also added a B3 Bigsby.
Great guitar. All in, somewhere around $500- $600.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I wanna see the headstock of that Black Dean. Please. Pretty please.

And congrats on the Epi there. Nice classic burst on it. That was one I'd been checking out when I was scratching around the idea of a Semi.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Twenty years ago, I found a real nice MIJ Vantage 339-ish guitar. Upgraded pickups and machine heads and it's a great player. Being as it's around 30 years old now, it may also precede the 339, so I don't refer to it as a clone.

IMG_0218.JPG

1 - 20 of 25 Posts