The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Who Will Hoist Lord Stanley's Cup In 2021? Teams Listed In Order Of Final Regular Season Standings

• Colorado

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Vegas

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Carolina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Florida

• Pittsburg

• Toronto

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Washington

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Tampa Bay

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Minnesota

• Boston

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • NY Islanders

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Nashville

• Winnipeg

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • St.Louis

• Montreal

Votes: 9 20.9%
241 - 260 of 349 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Bruins vs Islanders, end of the second period as I type this and the score is 4-1 New York,... it's over for Boston.
Islanders are physically dominant and absolutely skating circles around them. Bruins can't get out of second gear while the Islanders are in fifth gear. Rask looks he is off or hurt in some way,... and made a great pass to an Islander player from behind the net who landed up netting it. Perhaps Cassidy should have given Swayman the star.

Hmmm,... Bruins just got a power play goal(which seems the only way they can score),... now 4-2 with about 14 minutes left in the third,... should I erase this post?,.... naaahhh.
Brock Nelson was a beast tonight for the Isles. Everyone knows their role on a team coached by Trotz and they've all bought in. Bringing in Palmieri was an excellent move, and picking up Pageau in free agency another. Hats off to bad,bad, Brad Marchand. Of all the B's, he's the one that showed up ready to play, scoring both of their goals. What a player. Might be the last game we see Rask with the B's. Now the Isles have to face the Lightning....again in the division finals. Best overall balanced team in hockey. Tough sledding for sure.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 · (Edited)
Brock Nelson was a beast tonight for the Isles. Everyone knows their role on a team coached by Trotz and they've all bought in. Bringing in Palmieri was an excellent move, and picking up Pageau in free agency another. Hats off to bad,bad, Brad Marchand. Of all the B's, he's the one that showed up ready to play, scoring both of their goals. What a player. Might be the last game we see Rask with the B's. Now the Isles have to face the Lightning....again in the division finals. Best overall balanced team in hockey. Tough sledding for sure.
Nailed it,... Islanders the better team in all areas tonight,... pure and simple. Marchand gets a thumbs up for sure as well as Wagner who had urgency and purpose to his game. Agree that Rasks days with Boston may be numbered as he has had 2 cup finals and many other playoff series to prove he can succeed in big pressure situations but has always fallen short of making big and timely saves to make the difference. I think Swayman is ready to step in and take over.

Trade Rask and pick up some grittier d-men and 3rd - 4th liners,... they need more size and toughness like they had in the 2011 cup winning team,... period.

I see Tampa and New York being very similar in size and playing the heavy game. I'll give Tampa the slight edge on the more skilled forward goal scoring side of things along with goaltending with Vasilevskiy.

I anticipate a physical series with the gloves being dropped more than once, ie., Martin and Maroon.

Now I can sit back,... keep my blood pressure low,...not have to shoot my cotton filled pucks with my Boston mini-stick off the couch end table at my TV screen,:mad: = 🏒¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸📺,... and actually enjoy a playoff game without my wife having to leave the room half way though, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,729 Posts
What happened to Jake D, he forget how to play? Local radio keeps linking him to the Oilers, for easy obvious reasons.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
What happened to Jake D, he forget how to play? Local radio keeps linking him to the Oilers, for easy obvious reasons.
For starters he is half the size of his father. Jake D. wasn't the only one who forgot how to play tonight,... 90% of the Bruins roster appeared to think that this was game one of the series. I think Jake will struggle to stay in the line-up for next year. Cassidy sat him a couple times this year as his game had really cooled off from the previous two seasons.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Not gonna lie, seeing the Bruins go out somewhat warms my cold, dead, Leafs-supporting heart
I figured it would,... but we all have to take our licks in the arena of hockey trash talk. I suppose the Leafs now have the advantage over Boston in the best of seven golf games,... 😜

Go Habs, Colorado, Tampa, Islanders,...ah,... err,... Vegas!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Still got room on my Lightning bandwagon. As a Rangers fan, anyone but the Islanders. Potvin Sucks!

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
I figured it would,... but we all have to take our licks in the arena of hockey trash talk. I suppose the Leafs now have the advantage over Boston in the best of seven golf games,... 😜

Go Habs, Colorado, Tampa, Islanders,...ah,... err,... Vegas!
If the Leafs can't find a 6 foot net I doubt they'll have much luck with a 6 inch hole 😕

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Man, this Vegas-Colorado game is intense. You can see why they were 1-2 overall this season. Habs are in for a hell of a challenge no matter who wins this.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Now that I have recovered from the sweep, I’m just going to vent this…I blame Shieffle. In a situation like that, go for the puck, not the guy. That hit sucked the lifeblood out of the Jets and motivated the Habs.

And now, I resolve to want the Habs to bring the cup home. Yeesh! Go Habs Go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I blame Shieffle. In a situation like that, go for the puck, not the guy.
Sheifele made the right play, with an outcome that he definitely regretted. He should have appealed, and he likely would have had it reduced, and it could have changed the entire series.

So I also blame Sheifs, but not for the same reason. But none of that matters now.
___

Can't wait to see how the Habs measure up to a perceivably much better team in Vegas.

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
Now that I have recovered from the sweep, I’m just going to vent this…I blame Shieffle. In a situation like that, go for the puck, not the guy. That hit sucked the lifeblood out of the Jets and motivated the Habs.

And now, I resolve to want the Habs to bring the cup home. Yeesh! Go Habs Go.

The cheap shot was bad enough, but when he started whining about the penalty being too severe, and how the fans and experts never gave them a fair shake......

Sorry but that was embarrassing and a bit of a bitch move IMO.

You took a cheap shot, took a player out of the game with the intent to injure him. Take your medicine.

I could have gone either way in that series, but after that,....Go Habs.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Av's vs. Golden Knights......Speed game vs Heavy game....the new NHL vs the old NHL. Heavy game wins. Girard couldn't move Carrier in front of the net....goal. MacKinnon was mugged every time he was in the offensive zone....lost his cool with Whitecloud. Reaves behaving himself after getting benched...Reaves and Kolesar down low, who do you take or box out, if you can.....goal. Throw in the heavies down low, Stone, Pacioretty and Tuch and D men like Pietrangelo and you've got pressure all over the ice. And then Fleury outplayed Grubauer.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Sheifele made the right play, with an outcome that he definitely regretted. He should have appealed, and he likely would have had it reduced, and it could have changed the entire series.

So I also blame Sheifs, but not for the same reason. But none of that matters now.
___

Can't wait to see how the Habs measure up to a perceivably much better team in Vegas.
The hit was fine....he crushed him. Evans didn't have his head up....how do you expect not to get laid out in that situation. Scott Stevens did that on a regular basis in the playoffs....it's a brutal game.

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
The hit was fine....he crushed him. Evans didn't have his head up....how do you expect not to get laid out in that situation. Scott Stevens did that on a regular basis in the playoffs....it's a brutal game.

It's only brutal if that shit is tolerated.

You don't have to injure a player to take him off the puck.

That's a bit like deliberately t-boning another car in a four way intersection, just because you have the right of way.

Just my opinion of course.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts

That's a bit like deliberately t-boning another car in a four way intersection, just because you have the right of way.

Well, they have got most of the stick swinging out of the game.....weren't those fun days. And now you have guys all suited up in layers of plastic and kevlar....big fast robo cops. Clutterbuck took out Carlo with a 'clean hit' against the boards......concussion and done. It's a rough game even on quiet nights.

·
Super Moderator
516 Posts

Do you think he tried to hurt Evans? I saw a clean (heavy) hit trying to stop a goal. shoulder to chest
(if your chin is down,.. it's gonna get popped a bit when I hit your chest logo with the shoulder..)

If Evans doesnt have a concussion history, he might not be hurt on the play.

If Evans pops right back up, they all do the facewash shuffle for 30 seconds, and go to the next game, Would you feel this same? Would you even still remember the hit?

Evans getting hurt = pressure in media, league etc.. On the to "root" it out.

The fix to hockey is when they realize everything component of the game had become faster, bigger, and stronger, except the size of the ice.

International ice would cure many ails, giving the league more offense, cut down on all contact (good and bad) and reduce concussions.

Only a handful of the rinks are convertible, so the obvious problem here is lost revenue of platinum seats.

241 - 260 of 349 Posts