The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Morning Folks,

For your consideration is my 2021 Murphy Lab R9 in Sunrise Teaburst.

I am the original owner, I purchased the guitar in November from L&M.

My goal was to buy my lifer Les Paul.

When I was purchasing, I emailed every L&M store in Canada (seriously) and asked for pics, specs, in hand description of each ML guitar in stock. I was specifically looking for:

• "realistic" checking (some look like shattered glass, and that doesn't look right... lacquer doesn't shatter, it expands and contracts creating stress lines)
  • no lacquer flaking issues.
  • a good looking finish (not too red, I abhor red)
  • The weight to be <9 lbs.

Of all of the responses, I ended up going with John and the Burlington L&M crew.

They have some serious voodoo ongoing at that location, they seem to get all the good Les Pauls.. I chatted with @faracaster last Saturday about this very thing, as i bought along this guitar for some show and tell during some unrelated horse trading :)

this guitar fit all the specs I wanted-

Good looking checking - no flaking
8.8 Lbs
Cherry Teaburst. Looks more red in the pictures than in reality.

The guitar is like new, with no issues. It's never been gigged, no fret wear.. for all intents and purposes, it's a "new" guitar.

Has 4 or 5 little dings.. unsure if these are factory (ultra light aging) or it just picked up some wear on the floor in Burlington prior to my purchase.

Comes with everything it shipped with, all case candy.

L&M is now out of stock, but the price is nearly $11k for this model after tax.

I'm looking for $9500.. I can consider a smaller trade, but need to pull mostly cash from this deal.

I will take some better pics tonight, but in the meantime here is the teaser pic or two L&M sent me :p

Pics a few posts down! VV

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Thats a beautiful guitar. Beginning of next year when I get my R9 I'm thinking of going with the murphy lab from Long and McQuade.
I have a 2021 Light Aged Murphy Lab R9. I love it. They're definitely expensive, but it's also the nicest LP I've ever played.

·
Super Moderator
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TTT

I'm somewhat surprised this is still here, though I know it is a LOT of cash to drop.. but it's a smoking good LP.

Then again, this is the only place i have this guitar listed for sale... I guess I'm not trying that hard :p

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
TTT

I'm somewhat surprised this is still here, though I know it is a LOT of cash to drop.. but it's a smoking good LP.

Then again, this is the only place i have this guitar listed for sale... I guess I'm not trying that hard :p
Unfortunately for me its timing or this guitar might not still be here. I'm currently saving my pennies and won't be ready till approximately March 2023. So for now all I can do is lust over these pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts