The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really tempted by a Les Paul Junior these day, even if I just got a nice Explorer...big case of GAS I guess. Some USA stores have them in stock, but they seem to be nowhere to be found in Canada. Anyone of you knows a place where they have some in stock?

Les Paul Junior 2018

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
Go south on Hwy. 73...................

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
Profitez de votre belle guitare.

Reactions: BSTheTech

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
when i saw these i was totally GAS-sing for one as well. haven't had GAS in AGES. might be looking to sell a couple items to fund one....

the pricetag is a little hefty for a JR...also wish they didnt use the old school gibson logo.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
So the Junior is now in my hands...great guitar!!! I was a little nervous ordering it without playing it first, but I really love it. Finish is flawless, and after a quick setup, a little bit of Fret Doctor lemon oil on the fretboard and some fresh string, it plays and sounds awesome. I put some amber knobs on it to give it a more vintage look. I'm gonna eventually change the wiring harness for a 50's style one for a better cleanup, otherwise everything else is good. The case is great too, and the whole package feels just like my Custom Shop R7, no kidding! Even if it's suppose to be a cheap guitar, it doesn't feels like one at all. Great job on this one Gibson!

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,741 Posts
Glad you like it.

They are a very nice guitar.

Some people on other boards were going on a lot about the price and referring to it as an entry level guitar but I don’t think those are really entry level anymore. They are sort of a specialized rig and somwhat akin to a reissue and I think for 1500 that’s not a bad deal. As for entry level something like a Yamaha or whatever for 600 with two pickups and not too bad of a neck would probably be a better choice for starting to play.

LPJ is something to get when you know why it is that you want one of those.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts