The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Haven't listen to much other than the first two albums. The first was incredible and the second was fantastic.
I’ve only seen them on awards shows. I’ll have to listen to some of their stuff. I haven’t been impressed with their TV performances.

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
I saw a few minutes of Geddy Lee MC'ing. He did a good job. Decided to go practice guitar so I didn't catch any of the acts.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I was happy to see Steven Page perform with BNL.

I found the whole drama of them getting together to accept the award after not speaking for nine years pretty interesting.

Sarah Harmer and City & Colour singing a Hip tune sounded good.

Everything else, couldn't care less.

Rappers trying to dance to If I Had a Million Dollars was pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
My favourite, well not really a favourite but the one I disliked the least, was The Jerry Cans. I've heard throat singing before but in a much more traditional music setting. It sounded kind of cool in a modern music setting.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The BNL reunion was fun, but the show ran late and my pvr missed it. Had to go back and record “The National” after the second showing to catch it.

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
I was trying to get home to see it, but got stuck in some fricken traffic jam on one of the viaducts downtown. (tongue firmly in cheek here - I was not in any way trying to see them, at all, ever).

I may get flamed for this but what is all the fuss about Arcade Fire?
+1000

They were on SNL the weekend before and were comparable to The Tragically Hip live. This is NOT a compliment. Singers were pitchy, instruments uninspiring and tunes downright boring. But it is art, and we all hear things differently and like different things, so there's that. No arguing against their success. Or McDonalds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts