The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any highlights from the past year you would like to share with us? It might be a new instrument, accessory, new song you learned, experience with others, etc.

I'll start. Mine is watching and encouraging one of my nieces who is 3 years my senior (67) learn to play guitar. She has a musical family and sings very well who always wanted to learn to play but no one encouraged her to do it until now.

The second is helping an older female friend (69) find a new guitar. She has only had cheap beginner guitars all of her life and so finding her a nice Alvarez which she is really enjoying was positive for both of us.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
One of the big highlights for me was jamming with a buddies son on New Years Eve. I got him started on guitar a year and a half ago and he's raised the bar a couple of levels since. He'd often annoy me with a habit of going off in his own little world during a session, but damn was he listening on New Years. I had to use the M word on him....aka....Musicianship. Made me just as happy to say it as it made him happy to hear it finally.

·
Premium Member
16,538 Posts
Highlights.... well, I’ll say two things were notable for me this year.

In April, we lost my Mom to Cancer (please, condolences were offered and gratefully accepted then, no need to again).

In December, I got to play guitar, accompanying my Grand daughter in her grade three classroom.

For me, world events notwithstanding, those two events will be what I remember from 2018.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Re-uniting and jamming with my oldest friend. We where about 10 years old and hung out together all the time. Then i moved and we went on our way. Fast forward 55 years, we are back together doing what we did, jamming in the basement. Pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
Spent a lot of time with one of my nieces and her new baby boy.
Adopted another dog, a Rottweiler/Bassett Hound cross.
Acquired a new acoustic guitar, a Joshua House 000.
My oncologist cleared me for another year (I see him again next month).
My rotator cuff seems to be healed after lots of physio.
Long weekend every week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts