The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up this amazing amp recently on the forum but have decided to offer it up for someone else to enjoy. This is a custom ordered 100 watt version from 2018 that is in excellent condition. The previous owner re-tubed it with 4 X JJ EL34 ll power tubes and it has an amazing range of tones.

This is a British inspired amp as described on the Bludotone site.

I took my inspiration from classic British amplifiers, but the Joyeuse is so much more than that.

• Channel 1 goes from a warm, chimey clean, to a rich classic overdrive, tonally it is like a super smooth plexi, but with a 3-d quality previously unheard in this style of amp. The voice is sort of halfway in between the bright and normal inputs, and the feel is somewhat easier, and less stiff than the amps of old, and of course lacking the harsh fizz.
  • Channel 2 is overdrive, and once again, smooth, three-dimensional, super touch sensitive, and very tweakable. I wanted the overdrive to be ultimately expressive, but still be able to grind and crunch, I wanted the lows to be tight but still hit you in the chest, the mids to be present and thick, but not barky, the highs to be cutting but never harsh and never fizz out.
The Joyeuse also has 2 inputs, the normal input takes you straight to the first tube stage, however, the MOS input allows you to tap into my new MOSFET tube simulator circuit, which is foot switchable, and can be used on either channel, basically turning channel one into a ripping crunch channel, and turning channel 2 into a saturated lead tone, 4 different gain stages right there at your feet!
I wanted the amp to be more of a grab and go, so it has a built in buffered effects loop, and I wanted it to be easy to use, plug and play, without the need for other equipment.

Big drop on a cash price to $old and saves you the time, hassle and expense of either ordering a new one or bringing one across the border. I am happy to look at trades or partial trades on Guitars or other amps. Gibson Custom Shop guitars are likely your best bet but may consider Fender or PRS.

I would prefer a local GTA..ish deal but will discuss shipping options if needed.
Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Font
Blue Audio equipment Electronic engineering Electronic instrument Gas

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Big Drop to $old for a cash sale before I trade it away. You will have a tough time finding another one at that price.

Would Still like to find a good Custom Shop Explorer, Flying V or SG if you have something to trade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts