The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guitar wise anyways!!!

Over the past month I have done a couple of deals and then a surprise score at L&M today.

Started out with me trading a LP Standard Double Cut for a LP Signature T. If you haven't had a chance to check out a T, I think they are one hell of a LP. I now have 2. Some features include locking tuners, classic 57, coil split and AA tops. The first one I picked up the original owner changed the pups to burstbuckers, changed the tuners to vintage style and wiring to bumble bee. I replaced speed knobs with top hats.

I knew I was coming out a little short in the deal so I asked him to throw in $200 bucks. He was going to do it but then offered me an Ibanez SA260FM. WOW!!! What a great little guitar. Fast neck, nice finish and I think the pickups sound fantastic.

Two days later I pick up a Baja tele from a fellow forumite. Finally found a tele that my hands get along with. Not the biggest fan of maple necks.

Then today I stop in to L&M to pick up a drum throne. I see a spotless Washburn N61 hanging on the wall for a very good price. Looked up some reviews online and almost didn't buy it. Some guy said he had to move the Floyd as the saddles would hit the body when bar pressed. At this point I hadn't even tried it. Gave it a spin and decided it needed to come home with me.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If that was the maple board N61, I would be pounding on your door until you sold it to me. Still kicking myself for letting one of those get away a few years back. The price was stupid good as well.

Which bridge does it have? Is it the Washburn-branded low profile Floyd copy?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes to the Washburn bridge. Seems okay but may need to be tweaked a bit as it doesn't always come back to pitch.

Any idea what they went for new here?

I gotta say another nice surprise with this guitar is the Washburn gigbag. Very nice, even has a hidden hook for hanging the bag.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yes to the Washburn bridge. Seems okay but may need to be tweaked a bit as it doesn't always come back to pitch.

Any idea what they went for new here?
I had the same issue with my Korean N3. Lube the knife edges with chap stick, but also take a look at the nut. I thought my problems stemmed from a warped baseplate, but the lock nut on mine was not fastened down well. I ended up replacing it with a Gotoh nut for much, much better stability.

The only thing I would change on the Korean Nunos as shipped is adding the 6105 frets and a better nut.

No idea what they went for new. I tried a US-made N6 once and thought it was overpriced, but that was at over $2K.

The one I saw was on eBay from Mill Music in Renfrew for $270. Yes, I am an idiot for not buying it.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess I should double check the nut. Wonder if I could just give the bridge a shot of wd40 to see if that works before trying Chapstick?

Was that $270 for the N6?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I guess I should double check the nut. Wonder if I could just give the bridge a shot of wd40 to see if that works before trying Chapstick?

Was that $270 for the N6?

No, for the N61. If it was for the N6, I would have bought it in milliseconds.

The reason chap stick works is because it is waxy, and stays on the knife edges. You need to get it between the knife edge and the post.

Got that tip from the tech section at Ibanez Rules. GREAT Floyd setup tips there.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
One tele out and another one in. '98 Deluxe Nashville Tele. This thing is spotless. First tele I have had with a rosewood board and I really like it. One of the things I prefer on this over the Baja are the saddles.

Here they are together..........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts