The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with everything I post for trade I’m not super set on getting rid of the guitar because it ticks a lot of boxes for me but I’m always curious about what’s out there. I’m looking for a nice R8 or R9 in a trade, however, I will also look at other Gibson Custom Shop guitars. I’m always on the lookout for a 60s style Custom Shop Tele so if anyone has one let me know! I will also look at other vintage style Fender Custom Shop guitars. Especially 50s Strat relics, maybe a 50s Tele with a Humbucker in the neck?
Now onto the main event! This 335 is the best Custom Shop Gibson I have had to date. It sounds, plays and looks amazing.
Weighing in at 8-8.1 lbs this thing is crazy light. It resonates like crazy and sounds great even unplugged. The woods used in this particular example are perfect, the top even has a good amount of flame but nothing over the top. The sunburst finish paired with the VOS treatment on it and the hardware make the guitar really look that much better.
Once you plug this 335 in is where it really shines, the MHS pickups are my favourite Gibson pup and they just sounds absolutely amazing. This guitar sounds exactly like what you would expect from a vintage Gibson, the pickups paired with the semi-hollow body put out that really woody, airy tone.
The guitar is in great condition and comes with the original “Cali Girl” Lifton reissue case and the COA. The frets are in practically brand new condition. A really great example of some of the best stuff Gibson has done to date.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask! I’m excited to see what’s out there.
Here is a link to the photos and to a couple videos: 2017 Gibson ES-335 1958 Reissue - Google Drive

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Adding a trade: If anyone has a Fender Custom Shop Nocaster or 50s style Telecaster that they'd be willing to trade let me know, I generally prefer relics.

·
Banned
13 Posts
wow, now that is a beauty, if i sell my hummingbird i will shoot you a message, how do you even post here ? do i need to pay ?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, now that is a beauty, if i sell my hummingbird i will shoot you a message, how do you even post here ? do i need to pay ?
Sounds good! You will have to buy a membership to post in the For Sale section I think.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone has to have a Gibson or Fender Custom Shop guitar they'd be willing to trade. Let me see what you've got!

·
Premium Member
17,629 Posts
I don't have anything that you would like....unless you would consider Mrs Greco's 2014 Nissan Versa Note?...didn't think so.

GLWT...Beautiful guitar!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have anything that you would like....unless you would consider Mrs Greco's 2014 Nissan Versa Note?...didn't think so.

GLWT...Beautiful guitar!
Very tempting lol does it come in a custom colour? 😉Thanks Greco!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A very cool Fender CS Nocaster has come up that I really have my eye on so I’m going to add a cash price on this guitar. I would be hoping to get around $4100 for it. Shoot me a message if you have any questions and hopefully we can work something out on this amazing guitar!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m hoping to get this sold before the Nocaster sells so if anyone is on the fence about this guitar shoot me a message, let’s work something out! My price is negotiable so just send me a reasonable offer!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’ll give someone localish a great deal and I’ll give a deal shipped just send me a message and hopefully we can work something out!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am going to put my final price drop at $3750 for a local deal and $3750 plus the actual shipping costs if necessary but I would prefer local pickup. It is very unlikely that one of these in as good condition will come up at a better price so if you have been a fence sitter on this one act now, you will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Traded away... We might have something else coming up here in a bit, I still have that Nocaster on my mind!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts