The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NO LONGER FOR SALE (With the Vola sold, I'll be keeping this one instead)

I bought this very much on an impulse. I love Teles, it's beautiful and the neck is remarkable, both in appearance and feel. The only problem is that it's really a much prettier version of what I'm all ready playing every day, right down to the neck profile. I'm not entirely sure I want to sell it, but I thought it was worth checking out the interest.

Neville is a unique builder. Based in Michigan, he builds mostly with woods grown on his own property and uses a lot of basswood and poplar. This one is a chambered basswood core with a poplar top top and back. It's double bound with a Daphne blue nitro finish.

The neck is the feature attraction. It's a beautifully figure maple with ebony dots and an amber nitro finish. The size is absolutely my favorite: basically a U version of the Warmoth 59 Roundback with slightly chunkier shoulders. It's large but not massive, going from .860" at the first fret to .941" at the octave

The hardware is all first class with David Allen Cheetah pickups, Kluson Deluxe tuners and a Rutters bridge.

The condition is good but has clearly been played with some minor blemishes in the finish that don't show up in the photos. The only real down side in the condition is that the original case disappeared somewhere along its travels and has been replaced by an obviously inappropriate Taylor gig bag.

The price is non-negotiable. I'm not really interested in trades but I'll always at least consider it.

The guitar is in downtown Dartmouth. The price is a very firm $1700 plus shipping.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument

Brown Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

Handwriting Font Parallel Number Document

Postcard Signature Font Handwriting Rectangle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
The build quality on Neville guitars is top class. GLWTS.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Very interested in the tele but not pleased on shipping a guitar to Alberta without a case.
???
It has a case, just not the right one but arrangements could be made for something more suitable. It can't be hard to find something that would work and I you're really interested I can get a case that you like. alternately, I could pad the interior of the gig bag and double box it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts