The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Feels like the place to ask - whats the identifiers for a elitist?
made in Japan. The line started out as elite. Then a name change to elitest due to a conflict with some other manufacturer. The logo is under the clear coat on the back near the nut. If you sat down blind folded you would not no the difference compared to a MIC lp standard pro. The neck and fret work are the same. Ow and you got a fancy case with them,.

·
Premium Member
17,197 Posts
I know they're MIJ but wanted to know specifically where to look to see the MIJ label. A neighbour got what he said is an elitist SG at G-400 price, and I couldn't confirm or deny it when he brought it for me to check out. This was also... 16 years ago roughly. It's handy in case someone doesn't know what they have.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I had one of these. Bought in 2009 used (it was a 2004 model) for $650 and sold it in 2013 for $650. Nice mij les paul, slim neck. Bugged be that it had rosewood instead of ebony board. Should sell fast in the $800 range. Tombstone headstock differentiates it from non mij epis. Here was mine

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
big guestion ? When were these sales 2007 ? When the guitars were almost new and they were the next big thing. Not seeing any actual sale dates.
How do you expect me to know that?
After checking, the Reverb site didn'r start until 2013, so there's that.

The tombstone headstock.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I know gears at Spaceman stay there unsold for very long time
For some stuff, yes. Good items sells pretty fast in my experience. They have some things that come in and it's gone in a week. Other stuff takes months.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
The few that I have owned have an “Elite” or “Elitist” logo on the back of the headstock. I believe it will also said Made in Japan on the back of the headstock. (I see this has already been answered, I should have hit refresh before I replied...)

Reactions: Budda

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I had one of these. Bought in 2009 used (it was a 2004 model) for $650 and sold it in 2013 for $650. Nice mij les paul, slim neck. Bugged be that it had rosewood instead of ebony board. Should sell fast in the $800 range. Tombstone headstock differentiates it from non mij epis. Here was mine
+1 on it’s not a Custom unless it has an ebony board. Although it may be a very fine instrument & great value for <$1K, to me it just looks like the bastard product of an unholy union.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts