The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had a guy on Facebook offer me a 2008 epiphone Les Paul elitest as a partial trade, I’m guessing it’s a custom by the colours. Does anybody know what the value of something like that might be? I probably wouldn’t keep it, would just take it to make the deal. Any idea what I could get for it if I sold it?

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
A friend of mine had that exact same guitar here in Edmonton a couple of years ago. It was nearly spotless. Very nice guitar. He paid $800 used from Kijiji and really had to work at it to sell it for $800. He did eventually. It may be worth a couple of bucks more on the international market, but if you're thinking of selling it locally or even nationally, it will be hard to get Reverb Price Guide dollars for it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
A friend of mine had that exact same guitar here in Edmonton a couple of years ago. It was nearly spotless. Very nice guitar. He paid $800 used from Kijiji and really had to work at it to sell it for $800. He did eventually. It may be worth a couple of bucks more on the international market, but if you're thinking of selling it locally or even nationally, it will be hard to get Reverb Price Guide dollars for it.

I agree with you,
With Covid -19 , many people don't have money and they need money. Sorry to say that, a buyer may do a good deal, not a seller

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
Gotta find someone who wants it more than a real gibson. Not sure how fast these sell. Im on 4 forums and elitist ngd's dont really pop up. That doesnt mean its not a great guitar, in case anyone misinterprets..

Reactions: Diablo

·
Premium Member
747 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Asking prices don’t mean anything.
There are people on Reverb asking $2000 to $3000 for Elitist LPs. They’ll never get it. There’s a black Custom (mind you, it’s in Belgium) listed for $1075 Cdn ($819 US) and it’s still available.

You are not wrong, post subject is close to "asking" price, no ?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
$1,200 US

9 people watching. 9 people want some entertainment in the whole wide world. The same 9 are tuned in to the holly grail of guitar pricing . Wait for it REVERB. LOL. Asking and selling are two different games.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
You are not wrong, post subject is close to "asking" price, no ?
In that case...

Hey OP, you can ask $4000 for this guitar.
I hope your great-grandchildren enjoy owning this.

:D

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
There's an Elite les paul at Spaceman in Ottawa, $1000 retail so tax on top. It hasn't sold in 4 weeks. Not a custom but I'm not sure Custom or Standard make a difference in these
There was a great looking flame top advertised on kijiji in Toronto for months at $999 at a pawn shop. Eventually gone but it sat a long time. So... sellers want $1000 to $1200Can but buyers are probably looking for sub $1000. Other international sellers want way more but they never sell.

But, Gibson prices are going up, and some new Epiphones made in China are now $1000 or more. So, they could go for more, eventually.

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
The Reverb items I listed were "sold" and the prices vary quite a bit.
Some are out to lunch, but somebody paid that price somewhere.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I know gears at Spaceman stay there unsold for very long time
I find spaceman has great used guitar store pricing. Not everything hits their website. Stuff definitely moves there. I’ve bought a few guitars there and they always negotiate as well.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The Reverb items I listed were "sold" and the prices vary quite a bit.
Some are out to lunch, but somebody paid that price somewhere.
big guestion ? When were these sales 2007 ? When the guitars were almost new and they were the next big thing. Not seeing any actual sale dates.

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
Feels like the place to ask - whats the identifiers for a elitist?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts