The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
For sale is a 2005 Fender Custom Shop 1959 Sonic Blue Relic Stratocaster limited edition. Guitar is lightly reliced and looks very old. The guitar has a large almost untapered neck unlike most cs 60 r/w neck strats. Guitar comes with ohsc, certificate and all the case goodies. Please let me know if you have any questions. This is a really good one. It sounds like an old strat. I am asking 4100 no trades preferably. I am selling to find another purchase. Thanks Don 馃槉
koi

Registered
That right there is my dream Strat!!! $4100, (while certainly deserving) I cannot justify.

GLWTS!

Premium Member
When you say a larger untapered neck, fender custom shop made a run of 'No-neck' strats which were a nocaster profile. It would say on the COA I believe. BTW very nice strat.GLWTS.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Strat and the way you describe the neck profile is interesting

Now how much for the Deluxe? ;)
Hi Chris I am surprised we haven鈥檛 met lol. I use to do tundra shows back in the day. Maybe we did meet. You have some great gear. The strat is the nicest rosewood neck Cs I have encountered. I decided to keep my 62 slab instead. The tweed deluxe I am not ready yet to let go. I have had it a long time and it was the one I kept of the 6 I had 馃槞 馃槉 thanks for your comment about the neck. You know the deal brother 馃槉

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you say a larger untapered neck, fender custom shop made a run of 'No-neck' strats which were a nocaster profile. It would say on the COA I believe. BTW very nice strat.GLWTS.
Hi it鈥檚 full and more U shaped ghomb. 馃槉 I have had 3 60 custom shops. All were strongly tapered by the 2nd fret. No documentation. It鈥檚 a nice neck.

Registered
Hi it鈥檚 full and more U shaped ghomb. 馃槉 I have had 3 60 custom shops. All were strongly tapered by the 2nd fret. No documentation. It鈥檚 a nice neck.
It sounds like the neck on my 51 Nocaster... which is even more painful to me. I have always said: If only I could get this neck on a Strat style guitar!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It鈥檚 funny you mention this. I had three 60 Cs 2 in sonic blue and 1 in fiesta. They all had the strongly tapered neck feature. To me they didn鈥檛 work in terms of the deeper tone. Thanks for chiming in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts