The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's !.........someone is offering me a 2000 ST72 crafted in Japan Stratocaster.
The guts were all redone with USA parts and I think the pickups also
he was a SRV fan so he switched some chrome parts with gold parts and also installed
a black pickguard which I'm not crazy about and would put it back like it was .

It sure plays fine and sounds nice also, were those basswood or alder bodies ?
Anyone has one of those ?...........thoughts please !...............Tx

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
You said it plays find and sounds nice. Is this what you are looking for? Does the sound, looks and playability match its price? If so, then you should consider buying it. If not, then pass and look for something else.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You said it plays find and sounds nice. Is this what you are looking for? Does the sound, looks and playability match its price? If so, then you should consider buying it. If not, then pass and look for something else.

Thanks for your help ..it does play nice and I love the neck but the seller had
a crappy solid state amp to try it in cause I didnt have my amp ready from the tech
and its not close from where I live so wanted to get a little more infos or inputs on those.

Would you know the difference between this one and the Japan Classic ?
I had a Japan 68 reissue 10 years ago and it had a plastic feel to it but not this one.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Thanks for your help ..it does play nice and I love the neck but the seller had
a crappy solid state amp to try it in cause I didnt have my amp ready from the tech
and its not close from where I live so wanted to get a little more infos or inputs on those.

Would you know the difference between this one and the Japan Classic ?
I had a Japan 68 reissue 10 years ago and it had a plastic feel to it but not this one.
Sorry, Louis, but I pay no attention to older guitars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts