The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not going to debate the "good wood" Gibsons, but if it means anything to you this one is in that zone. This studio is not very common - in 1999 and 2000 they made them with 3/4 size trapezoid inlays, and the colour some claim is leftover paint from the Studio GEM series of the late 90's. Has gold hardware with some wear, pickups are 490R/498T (?) and may have been installed by "Deb". Some edge wear and general guitar dings and dents, but overall very presentable - I can take more detailed photos for interested parties. A bit of fret wear but not worth worrying about. The three way toggle switch may have been replaced.

Primarily looking to trade this for another Gibson, but if someone wants to purchase it that would work too. I like quirky Gibsons, but not interested in any 2014 "Anniversary inlay" or 2015 "Les Paul Scrawl" models. 60's neck preferred. Willing to add an appropriate amount of cash or straight trade depending on what you have.

Here are some things I'd be particularly interested in:

1. Les Paul Futura (neck P90)
2. BFG
3. Recent Les Paul Tribute (natural or light finish)
4. Double-cut studio or standard
5. Nighthawk / Blueshawk
6. Vixen
7. Les Paul Deluxe
8. Another Studio (different colour, ebony board?)

·
Premium Member
17,542 Posts
Price?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
👍🏼 14 and 15 were a dark time for Gibson. I like this one, small traps are unique. Is the paint translucent?

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
👍🏼 14 and 15 were a dark time for Gibson. I like this one, small traps are unique. Is the paint translucent?
Yes you can see the wood grain through the finish. It is a very difficult guitar to photograph. The guitar plays and sounds great - kind of reminds me of a well broken in pair of shoes if that makes sense. Gibson has used the small trapezoids on some other guitars but not frequently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts