1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
lol. And shipping is about $300.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
There seems to be alot of counterfeit stuff coming out of China. Of course anybody with a brain can tell the difference between a Chinesse Les Paul and a real one...................

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Accept2 said:
There seems to be alot of counterfeit stuff coming out of China. Of course anybody with a brain can tell the difference between a Chinesse Les Paul and a real one...................
Someone paid $26.00 for one of these the other day and turned around and resold it for over $1000.00 US. The buyer is now trying to get his money back. Who knows, the reseller may be as stupid as the buyer thinking he got a steal on a real Les Paul. A cheap copy is one thing, but these are out and out forgeries (bad ones at that). It's kind of scary that they can produce and sell even a POS guitar for 20 or 30 bucks and still make a profit.

Update: The second buyer got his money back from the original buyer. Now it's up on e-bay again with a bid for $650.00 on it!:D

·
Premium Member
13,055 Posts
I'd have no sympathy though for a person STUPID enough to bid on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
some of the guitars hes selling look ok u really cant go wrong for 20 bucks add shipping ur looking at like 200 its pretty good

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The_Dean said:
some of the guitars hes selling look ok u really cant go wrong for 20 bucks add shipping ur looking at like 200 its pretty good
yeah, except that it's still $200 for a pile of shit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if ur looking for a body or something thoe and ur into building ur own shit it could be worth it im not saying i would buy anything but to someone that does that type of shit it might work. And u never know with some of these guitars i no toki (i think thats how is spelt) made a guitar that was exactly like a gibson all the same materials and everything and was about 1/3 of the price gibson tried to sue them i dont no what happened with it but it just goes to show alot of the time u guys are paying for the name on ur guitar

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
You always get what you pay for. The Dean, I guess you bought into the $20 spelling class too............

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I agree you get what you pay for, but in this case, probably a lot less.
You're paying between $200-300 US, but you're getting a $20 guitar.
====
btw, I saw another go on Ebay a couple of days ago. Poor bastard paid $1800 for it. (This was one of the 'resells')

·
Registered
27 Posts
not that I agree with the manufacturing of counterfeits, but the problem is the fools buying them. Would you spend $1000+ on a guitar that you are blindly buying? If I'm spending that kind of cash, I want product proof. Supply, demand and exploitation - gotta love capitalism :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts