The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My New (VERY RARE) 1988 Fender® Graffiti Yellow Stratocaster® Plus. E 483451
This color was originally slated for the Jeff Beck Stratocaster and reportedly was based on the color of the hot rod in the movie American Graffiti.
2 Fender Gold LACE SENSOR #027666 / Black Pickups , neck and middle
1 Fender Red LACE SENSOR # 029761 Black Pickup , Bridge
LSR Roller Nut / Hipshot Tremsetter
/ The neck is dated 2/29/88 and is stamped S. BUEHL, who is Scott Buehl, currently a Master Builder at the Custom Shop and another long time Fender employee.
Pictures =
20200508-003351
pjimage

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Sweet Strat Plus!

I grew up in Owen Sound & bought my first guitar (‘73 Mustang) from Dave Fromager after he sold the store to the other Dave (I forget his last name but Larry Jensen worked there along with Tim Cameron before he moved to Tranna). I then bought my second & third guitars (a black/RW Squier Strat & ‘80 LP Custom that I wish I still had) at the store. How long have you lived in the Sound?

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I guy I played with in the 90's had what he called a "Mustard" strat like that. He played rock for fun and country and western for money with that guitar. He had a Carvin amp that he used, wanna say x100?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I remember seeing Kim Mitchell playing a Graffiti Yellow strat at a concert years ago.

Notably, he would often hold the guitar over his head (by the headstock and opposite end of the body) and shake it just enough to get a long slow vibrato.

Ah, Kim Mitchell....

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Love that colour. Tried to get a jaguar body in this colour from mjt but it was Monaco yellow. Plus they fudged the measurements on the post holes. Thanks MJT.

congrats, I’m jealous

1 - 9 of 9 Posts