The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for trade I have a 1981 Fender Stratocaster in transparent wine red. I think I have had this guitar for almost half of its life and its time to move on to something different. In very good+ conditon for a 40 year old guitar. Original frets on the medium U-shaped neck(more U than C to me)are fantastic, slight grooving in the rosewood for the first few frets. The original micarta nut is long gone and was replaced with bone. Body and headstock face have nice checking throughout with a few nicks and dings here and there; a true closet classic that I would categorize as a light relic done the real way. Weighs in at about 7.8 pounds according to my fish scale, which is pretty darn light for late 70's early 80's Fender! If memory serves me correctly the pickups are X1's; they sound great. Only mod to this guitar is that the bridge pickup wire was moved to the bottom tone control and the middle pickup is straight to the output jack; much more useful IMO but easily reversable. The hardshell case may be original to the guitar but it's not a Fender; it's a typical black tolex copy from the 80's. ...trades? really interested in trying a PRS Silver Sky or maybe something from Ernie Ball, no amps please.

$2475.00 Shipped in Canada

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice amp collection! Silverface Vibrolux and Princeton Reverb (and it looks like that's not all--I see the corner of another Fender cab, too). Awesome. Good luck with your sale!

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Wow, crazy... I have the hardtail sibling to this guitar! Transparent wine red, black guard... pots say 81 but like yours a 79 serial number on the neck.... you’re right about the weight, mine is probably close to 9-10lbs, probably due to lack of the trem cavity. Great guitars, GLWTS! I really wish I had left mine in the original condition yours is, I replaced the machines and put a bridge humbucker in a misguided fit of ‘80s EVH fandom...

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Changed the listing from FT to FT/FS. $2475.00 Shipped in Canada. Willing to add some cash for the right guitar. Still looking to trade on a PRS Silver Sky or maybe the right EBall, Fender CS, Suhr, Stevenson or Tom Anderson T or S style guitars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts