The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya. New member. This is probably my nicest guitar, and it's fairly rare so I thought I would post it.

This is a blueburst 1981 Dean E'Lite Deluxe. E'Lites are not that rare, but one that is a blueburst AND a Deluxe is. The Deluxes had binding, ebony fretboards, and different fret markers than the normal E'Lites. It's got a custom case as well. I got it for $500 in the 90's when you couldn't give a guitar like this away. It's worth a fair amount of coin now.

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They came stock with Dimarzio Super Distortion humbuckers. The ones from that time period are fantastic pickups, so no I wouldn't change them. Everything form the hardware to the wiring was top quality on these guitars. I wouldn't change a thing on it.

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ya :) . I buy and sell a ton of gear because I like to try a lot of stuff out....but the Dean will never go anywhere. As far as dual humbucker, Les Paul-ish guitar go I think it's the best I have played, and IMO one of the best out there.

Also, it's the first really nice guitar I ever bought so it holds a lot of sentimental value.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I played one of those many years ago. It was great as I recall. It was also black I've never seen a blue one. Very Pretty.

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robert, this actually isn't a Caddy. They had a model called an E'Lite back when the originals were made. But this isn't a typical E'Lite either from what I have been told on the Dean forums. It's an "E'Lite Deluxe". They key differences being the binding and the ebony fretboard. The model is supposed to be rare, but very rare in Blueburst.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts