The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hoping that somebody can help me out here. I quit playing guitar for about 10 or so years and really want to replcace my '82 57RI any idea where I can find one of these? I know that I can buy new but really want the same on that I originally had the new ones don't do it for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Check eBay. They come up now and again. A lot of them are pretty beat by this point (which is pretty cool, IMO). They tend to be a bit more than the later ones, but they did, IIRC, have a "real" nitro finish. I hated those pencil thin necks though. The old sea foam green finish was really cool. It's the "wrong" color relative to the real 60's Fender colors, but it's my favorite of all the RI colors.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sneaky said:
The 82-83 Fullerton built '57 and '62 RI's are going for crazee prices these days so be prepared to pay a lot - like up to $4000-5000.

http://www.joetheguitarman.com/1982%2057%20OlympicWhite.htm

or even $10,000 for this one...
http://www.joetheguitarman.com/REALRELIC57homepage.htm
That's crazy. Those guitars weren't that much better than other Strats. We were still in the era of crappy Fender products...they were usually pretty heavy...and the necks are painfully thin. The pickups weren't anything special either. The body contours are all wrong. I know some were very good (hee hee), but, at those prices, there are way better choices.

BTW...you can forget about getting your $12 back that I owe you from Customs...LOL. You now owe me!! :tongue:

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Teleplucker said:
That's crazy. Those guitars weren't that much better than other Strats. We were still in the era of crappy Fender products...they were usually pretty heavy...and the necks are painfully thin. The pickups weren't anything special either. The body contours are all wrong. I know some were very good (hee hee), but, at those prices, there are way better choices.

BTW...you can forget about getting your $12 back that I owe you from Customs...LOL. You now owe me!! :tongue:
OK... I guess we'll call it a even. :D

I'll call you tonight (I misplaced your phone number here at work).

-Pete

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fullerton... era reissues

Fullerton Strat's 1982-84 can be found for a-lot cheaper then Joe's site... I believe that he's trying to start a trend included are a few other high end vintage shops in North Am. ie. (Tundra, etc... plus ebay).... i purchased 4 in the past 5-7 months and only paid $1500-$2300 and thought that i paid too much for them at the time.. and still need a few parts to make them all 100% original... cool guitars.... as for ebay --- i think people look to joe's site and others and try to base it off that not thinking that shops have overhead to pay for and inflate the $ or to ask if it is a consignment pc... but if you look at the 2007 price guide they are not listing the value at $4-$10G... just a thought and my opinion.... plus when the 2008 guide comes out that might change all this quick and bump the value to $4-$10G... but until then!?!?.... later,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts