The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought this here. I was enticed by the amount of vintage mustard in the circuit. And what a phenomenal sounding amp it is! But, it’s totally redundant in my collection and not pretty enough to keep in the living room.

Here’s the wording from the original ad:

“The amp is in decent condition, not fantastic by any means. Pretty typical of a 47 year old amp.

When I got it, it was completely original, with only the 3 prong cord having been added. The only modifications I've done, are to change the first coupling cap from .1 to .01, and to snip the presence cap out. These are both very common mods.

The reverb is not currently working correctly. The circuit is driving signal through it, but the tank isn't doing anything reverby. It currently adds some presence when you adjust the knob, sortof helpful with a foot switch actually as a foot switchable bright switch of sorts.”

$450 with an Eminence Red White and Blue. $495 with an Eminence Cannabis Rex.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
These amps can be stellar with a few really easy mods. The first .1 cap chamge to a .022 and clip the preset presence. I have a 71 with these mods and its a keeper, for the price the op is offering this oneyou cant go wrong. These amps hold up to my plexi era 20 watt marshalls all day long with a few simple changes. If i were in the gta id scoup this up. GLWS matt

Haha re read your ad, furlon mods already done. This one is a no brainer if your in the gta.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Sunny. Yeah, it’s pure 18 watt awesomeness. But maybe even warmer and creamier.

Updated with speaker option too.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Get your authentic Marshall tones for less than a boutique Marshall type pedal.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure. All costs to be paid by buyer. Please PM me if you’re interested.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brock Rd and 407 area.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I keep looking at this...6 hours driving or probably $200+ in shipping charges. Hell of a deal man, wish I was closer...hard to believe it`s still here. GLWS

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It just cost me $60.00 to ship a neck from Peterborough...the package weighs less than 4 lbs...
Where in Ontario are you? You must be way out there. But eve still, I’d assume that most of that cost was in the insurance (which is a waste of money as Canada Post only covers loss and not damage).

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Where in Ontario are you? You must be way out there. But eve still, I’d assume that most of that cost was in the insurance (which is a waste of money as Canada Post only covers loss and not damage).
The luthier that carved the neck was more comfortable with Purolator, and he had reasons for that. I didn`t argue the point.

Thanks for all the shipping experience info Tim. I don`t doubt what you say.

TBH...I have not decided which amp I want to own out of a handful of 15-20w tube combos and heads. This one seems like a great price with a good rep. Yet new out of the box has it`s charms as well, even at double the price.
If I could see it and hear it in person I would be more inclined to jump on it, but that`s not possible with distance and lockdowns. Also if something got damaged in shipping, it wouldn`t be much fun getting it repaired presently. The safe bet for me, considering distance and my location is picking up a new one curbside with warranty. If I change my mind I will let you know for sure...Still looks like a good deal...GLWS.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Jim, all very valid points and concerns.

I suspect the Peterborough luthier you’re talking about is Lewis Parker. He’s built some beautiful looking necks in the past couple of weeks. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts