The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beautiful guitar.
I used to have a lovely small bodied, arched back, Framus acoustic back in the 70's. It was stored for a few years and didn't faire so well. I still miss it.

Thanks for sharing.

Oldgirl

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Framus isnt a well known brand in Canada, but big in Europe. Warwick was started by the son of the guy who owned Framus. I've seen some cool Framus amps coming out lately..................

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Is it semi hollow or hollow? How close are the pups to P90s? Does the vibrato work like a Bigsby??

When the Stones were seen and heard on the this side of the pond, Bill Wyman was playing a Framus bass.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robert1950 said:
Is it semi hollow or hollow? How close are the pups to P90s? Does the vibrato work like a Bigsby??

When the Stones were seen and heard on the this side of the pond, Bill Wyman was playing a Framus bass.
It was a hollowbody.. I would say it was more like P90's than anything else. The The Vibrato was modeled after a bigsby but IMO did not work as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
framus

I have a Framus twelve string in pretty rough shape,when i was a kid i tried my hand at refinishing ,,,well you take it from there! I screwed it up big time ! And it also has an arched back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts