The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to sell the yba 1 to free up some funds for my concert combo project.

some help setting a fair price would be appreciated.

the mod to the accessory outlet is unfortunate ;-)..... just fired it up, some scratchy pots but all seems well.
there is one missing chassis bolt and nut.
the channels seem to interact with out a jumper cable, not sure if there was a mod done to facilitate this.

i can open it up to take some gut shots if that is really needed.

thanks
ets

Attachments

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m a shrewd buyer. And I also sell to Maximize the value of my Efforts.

This should sell within 10days at $550. Within 3 days at $499. And within the day at $425. Just imo.
thanks very much for the feed back.... i wiil create a post in the for sale section......i am planning to take my concert head to the GTA for transfer to Derrick perhaps i can sweeten the deal with delivery....

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Cask has the same era yba1 for 650 and it will sell at that price. So agree that 600 is a good starting ask.

To me the accessory mod is actually a plus if it is an IEC power plug now like I think it is.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cask has the same era yba1 for 650 and it will sell at that price. So agree that 600 is a good starting ask.

To me the accessory mod is actually a plus if it is an IEC power plug now like I think it is.
yes it is an IEC plug....... i will open it up and take a few gut shots and clean the pots while i'm in there.......

thanks

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's right where I'd place it as well. $600 asking price on Kijiji would be right on target
thanks i prefer to avoid the kijiji world if possible, too many tire kickers, low ballers etc ;-) , imho this place is one of the best places to buy and sell i have found ....

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Fyi the one at Cask I mentionned above is more trashed than yours; grille cloth and fromt corner tolex tears. A few knobs missing the silver caps.

Scratchy pots are no biggie, but you probably wanna get to the bottom of the channel crosstalk thing. If it is jumpered internally then fine but if its not on purpose then could be a problem than affects value.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fyi the one at Cask I mentionned above is more trashed than yours; grille cloth and fromt corner tolex tears. A few knobs missing the silver caps.

Scratchy pots are no biggie, but you probably wanna get to the bottom of the channel crosstalk thing. If it is jumpered internally then fine but if its not on purpose then could be a problem than affects value.
Thanks for tha.t this one has chicken head knobs.... just put a building permit in the window and have some prep work to do ...... hopefully I can get some gut shots tomorrow and some of the sharp forum eyes can help
assess things :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Looking at those pics brings back fond memories.
Selling range is $550 - $600.
About 10 years ago prices ranged from, personal buying and selling experience, $250 - $375.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
chest cold delayed my progress.....took a few gut shots today.
can't see ant evidence of channel jumping at the input jacks.
there is a component on the vol 2 pot that does not seem to be period correct...
the electrolytic cap at the end of the board seems to have a few odd dents

EDIT
changed up the 2nd 12ax7 it was microphonic and noisy....controls are working but still a bit of sweep noise....
channel 2 has a bit of background noise that makes me wonder if perhaps there was a gain mod done.....you certainly can't hear it when you play ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
If this was a unmodified original I'd snap it up in a second. I've been looking for one to go with my Anniversary Edition and my Re Issue YBA 1 Mod 1. You should be able to sell this for 600 very easily.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks again to all for the help and opinions.
found the tube shields and am about to button it up.

cheers
ets

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks to all for the comments and feedback....
the amp has a new home
another great transaction thanks to this forum

cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts