1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Dreaming. Grill cloth is clearly non-original, one speaker has been replaced, and lower back panel appears a bit messed up. Full servicing is nice but $1500 on a good day IMO. Avoid.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dreaming. Grill cloth is clearly non-original, one speaker has been replaced, and lower back panel appears a bit messed up. Full servicing is nice but $1500 on a good day IMO. Avoid.
Thanks Steve. $1,500 is exactly the first number that I thought of at the most.

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
Think the Fender badge is a replacement too, fwiw. Yeah, $1500 amp as SM says, I agree. Great great great amps, had 2....though 1 was better than the other, and I sunk hundreds into the worse one trying to get it up to what my ears expected and never quite made it.

·
Premium Member
13,030 Posts
I tend to think that sellers like this are one of two schools of 'thought'. They are either totally out in left field or they truly believe there is "a sucker born every minute"

Reactions: sambonee

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hope you don't mind a question here - what do you guys figure my amp is worth?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wF1kGOM5IMT9MtXS2

It's an early silverface Pro Reverb (late 60's?). I've owned it for over 20 years, it had been re-Tolexed by the previous owner to this blonde with oxblood grill cloth. 11 or 12 years ago I had a tech go over it thoroughly, replace caps, retubed and confirmed everything else all good and the circuit is the same as a Blackface inside. It has non-original speakers, but approx the same vintage (I think they are Marslands).

I tried to sell it but got no bites. I guess that was in 2013, honestly can't remember what I was asking for it then. It's only been fired up a few times in the last 6 years, mostly it just sits in my music space looking cool :)

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope you don't mind a question here - what do you guys figure my amp is worth?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wF1kGOM5IMT9MtXS2

It's an early silverface Pro Reverb (late 60's?). I've owned it for over 20 years, it had been re-Tolexed by the previous owner to this blonde with oxblood grill cloth. 11 or 12 years ago I had a tech go over it thoroughly, replace caps, retubed and confirmed everything else all good and the circuit is the same as a Blackface inside. It has non-original speakers, but approx the same vintage (I think they are Marslands).

I tried to sell it but got no bites. I guess that was in 2013, honestly can't remember what I was asking for it then. It's only been fired up a few times in the last 6 years, mostly it just sits in my music space looking cool :)
I'm not near as educated as StevieMac on these types of amps but I would guess you could start at $1,000 to $1,200. Personally I don't think the Pro Reverbs are a sought after valuable amp. As soon as you associate "Blackface" with any Fender amp all of a sudden sellers think they're sitting on Gold.
I wouldn't mind having one for the heck of it and if the timing is right and I came across one like yours I'd be willing to consider it but probably wouldn't want to spend more than $800. Then again a Pro Reverb is not an amp I "have" to have. I have overpaid for amps I "had to have".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts