The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1965 Traynor Bassmaster: Script Logo, Tube rectified serviced

SOLD 
1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  traynor_garnet 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been using this, my second bassmaster, as a bass amp but I have since bought a new SS bass amp for my son (I didn't want him using a nice vintage tube amp cuz, well kids . . .). Anyway, I thought I would gauge interest in this great, great amp before putting it up on Reverb.

This is a very early amp. All the tube rectified bassmasters are rare, but you will notice that this one is super-early given the wrap around corner protectors that screw into the grille; these were only used on the very first amps. The amp is running old school 7027s (original??!!). Since I have been using it as a bass amp in a small room, the preamp tubes are all 12ay7s (new EH). This also helped make the volume knobs a bit easier to work as there isn't as much gain (and volume jump) on the each increment of the dial. For guitar, throw in some 12ax7s and stand back. This thing will scream when cranked up!!

In terms of servicing, the amp has had a cap job, 3 prong plug, ground switch disabled. Volume pots replaced with 1 meg audio taper pots (I'm pretty sure and will see if I can confirm) and the power tube sockets were also replaced (the originals were simply worn out). There have been a few cap value changes here and there, but nothing crazy. Don't worry, this hasn't been butchered with "super gain mods!!!!!!!".

Condition is good, but the amp is 56 years old so don't expect a museum piece. Some dents in the corner of the face plate etc., but nothing that is shockingly bad.

As you know, these are the most sought after vintage Traynor amps. It is basically a tweed bassman/Jtm 45 with better transformers :) If you are reading this, I probably don't need to explain that these go for much more than the later bassmasters. It is the one to get.

Price: Sale Pending plus shipping, payment via EMT.

Brown Musical instrument Black Rectangle Wood
Brown Musical instrument Black Rectangle Wood

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.