$2400 OBO Shipped within Canada
Sale pending!!!

Payment only with E-transfer, no trades, and shipped within Canada by Canadapost (insured and tracked).

Selling my super, super, super cool 1965 Gibson Melody Maker with gig bag.

This guitar is a amazing player piece. It comes assembled as you see with a repro pickguard installed and Duncan SH-11 hotter Humbucking pickup (A2 magnet. 14k ohm output). This thing is an amazing guitar. It has a perfect mid 60's gibson big comfy neck. Standard nut width (not the super narrow ones that appeared later '65). Amazing body tone (nice big resonant and clear), and amplified it really goes from a sweet clean tone to a roar easily.

It also has some of the most incredible checking/crazing and overall honest wear I've ever seen on an old guitar. The headstock face has a tiny tiny bit of damage from where it looks like a heart shaped decal has been removed long ago. There are also some marks next on the back of the headstock one in the middle between the tuners and one right next to the SN. The SN is a proper 6 digit for 1965 so I'm not sure what's up there.

The finish on the back of the neck is very comfortable with some playwear. There an off dark almost shadow-like discoloration on the bass side from about the 4th -8th fret. The finish is completely original to my eye there. My guess would be that the shadow came from something like contact with a case. cloth or stand etc.

What's original and on it currently:
Super crazed/checked/played original Cherry Red finish on Honduran mahogany body.
Brazilian Rosewood fretboard (note that 1965 was the last production year they used Honduran Mahognay and Brazilian Rosewood at Gibson)
Strap Pins
Truss Rod Cover
Bridge Posts
Pickguard screws
Ceramic Tone cap
Output Jack (I think)
What's original and not on it:
Original pickup with repro base (pickup works and reads 7.26 on my meter). Has cracks thank could be repaired near the cover screwholes.
Original pickguard (screwed to small board to prevent any shrinkage/warpage)

What's not original and on it:
Pro refret with almost jumbos and recent fret dress
Body has been routed under guard at some point (not expertly) to allow for soapbar P-90 or Humbucking pickup)
Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom Pickup
Newer harness with what appears to be 2005 CTS pots (but used original Jack and original orange cap)
Replacement wraparound lightning bridge (for a plain 3rd string) - similar to a Mojotone style bridge.
Newer aged tophat knobs with silver inserts (roughly aged by owner before me)
Wilkinson Grover Rotomatic style Tuners
a second repro pickguard that is cut for a soapbar P-90

Comes with a new Fender Gigbag and will be packed extremely well in a proper guitar box.

Please see all pics for more details and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

I'm only reluctantly selling this one as I really never play it out now and it needs a home where it will get the attention it deserves.