The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1964 Harmony Rocket.

832 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jim DaddyO 
#1 · (Edited)
This one needed a lot of TLC. The neck had a thick layer of epoxy put on it that had to be removed. The frets had lots of life in them, but were a little beat up.

The guy who owns it got it from his grandfather and it was his first guitar so there is a lot of sentimental value to it. He didn't want a full restore, just to make it playable so he could enjoy it again along with the memory of his grandfather.

#2 ·
OMFG! Dude Friggin Deja Vu...I too received a Harmony Rocket Guitar from my Grandfather when i was younger & it was very similiar to the one in these photos....case & all..only it wasnt his...it was my uncles who prolly never played it cau se the condition was super Mint! Treasure it man...from what i can recall i beat the hell outta it and the Sun amp it came with ( i remember the amp having a tremolo knob on it) & im pretty sure i traded it in towards a Ibanez RoadStar 2...that i just hadda have and of course regretted it later...so make sure you keep yours & enjoy it! Im pretty sure their not makin anymore Harmony Rockets! Rock on!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

G
#3 · (Edited)
I resto-modded (and sold) a '66 a few years back.
The DeArmonds sound nice for their size.
They should be dated on the underside.

At some point in it's life, the neck pup was positioned closer to the neck.
Hence, those small holes.
You're correct that those are not original knobs.
They should be cream coloured cupcakes.

Looking forward to the end result.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.