The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Duncan 51 P Bass Stacked pickup ? Looking to get rid of single coil noise.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Do you get the noise regardless of where you play? I only ask as computers and fluorescent lights can play havoc with some single coils. Good shielding of the guitar cavities will help too if not already done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got my single coil for my old P, made by these guys Q Pickups - Handwound guitar and bass pickups - Home Tiho's a cool guy and can make any style you want. Very reasonable price (probably save vs US prices for major companies), excellent build quality. Takes about 3 weeks to get here, depending on wind speed. I didn't pay duty or taxes.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I have this pickup in my 51 custom shop precision. It’s dead quiet as far as noise, it’s got a fat tone, clear and bright with treble added.

I did read somewhere about installing this stacked pickup into a tele bass, that it may have to be routed out deeper. Not sure if that’s true but I know for the stacked pickup in the bridge of a telecaster guitar it does have to be routed out deeper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts